- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward for Information on Hoke County Murder
- Broadway Musical Fela! Makes Audio Adaptation Debut Featuring A Global Cast Of Performers
- Syxsense Further Enhances support for MSP, MSSP and Large Enterprise with White Label Branding
"I believe that North Carolina is Strong, Resilient and Ready to face the challenges of the future," said Governor Cooper. "I believe that we will rebuild from this pandemic to be even stronger than before. And I believe that we can roar into the future together, creating a shared recovery that ensures our best days lie ahead."
North Carolina is one of few states that has not expanded Medicaid. Now, with even more federal dollars available, the governor urged both parties to work together and get this done. Medicaid expansion would provide billions of federal dollars to cover over 500,000 North Carolinians, help rural hospitals, provide mental health services and keep working people healthy.
Governor Cooper also pushed for more workforce training to ensure students and adult workers can find fulfilling, good-paying jobs, as more companies from all over continue to bring new jobs to the state.
More on ncarol.com
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- StarCom Racing to Honor John Andretti in Darlington 2021 Throwback Race
- Isosceles Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Appoints William D. Humphries as its Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Makes Appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- North Carolina: N.C. Households Can Get Help With Monthly Internet Bills From Federal Program
The Governor called on legislators to invest in K-12 and higher education, teacher pay, infrastructure, high-speed internet, clean energy economic development for a stronger and more prosperous future.
"In a year of hardship and loss, we owe it to ourselves and each other – and, as leaders, we owe it to the people who elected us – to build a state that is truly more educated, equitable, healthier and prosperous," said Governor Cooper.
Throughout the speech, Gov. Cooper recognized North Carolinians who have supported their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Felecia Young, Salisbury; Sixth Grade Math Teacher at Knox Middle School
- Dr. Karen Smith, Raeford; Provider at Independent Family Practice
- Cecil Conrad, Lexington; Owner of The Bar-B-Q Center
- Cassandra Brooks, Clayton; Owner of The Little Believers Academy
- Natesha Fields, New Bern; Nurse at CarolinaEast Medical Center
- Chris Morris, High Point; President, Custom Contract Furnishings
- Lexine Merrill, Monroe; Critical Care Nurse
- Lieutenant Colonel David Walliser, Raleigh; Lieutenant Colonel, North Carolina National Guard
- Anderson "Andy" Warlick, Gastonia; CEO, Parkdale Mills
Read Gov. Cooper's full remarks here.
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Chicken Coop Company to Invest $2 Million in Butner
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
- First Florida Integrity Bank partners with ATM USA for ATM outsourcing
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
Learn more about the guests and watch Gov. Cooper's Zoom conversations with them here.
Read the guests' full biographies here.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Let's Talk Interactive Sees Successful Q1 as a Leading Telehealth Solutions Provider
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Proclaims Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – 7
- Medical leverage, a communications company, Grows Team, Appoints New Creative Director, Platform Implementation Specialist Accelerating Its Growth and Expansion Plans
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- Del Webb Unveils New Consumer Inspired Home Designs at Carolina Gardens
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- North Carolina: Governor Declares Correctional Officers and Correctional Employees Week
- Governor Cooper Appoints Former Western District U.S. Attorney Murray as District Attorney in Western North Carolina
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series
- Labcorp to Acquire Myriad Autoimmune's Vectra Testing Business From Myriad Genetics
- Screening Eagle joins the Elite Accreditation@SGD Program by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- PIANO SLAM 13 - The Movie! Urban/Classical concert co-presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center & Dranoff 2 Piano with Emmy Award Director Taima Hervas
- Share The Mic in Cyber Campaign Raises over $70k in Grant Funding for Cybersecurity Experts, Prepares for CYBERBASE Network in 2022