"Taxpayers need relief during this difficult time and my administration is bringing it," Governor Roy Cooper said. "I will work with both Republicans and Democrats in the state legislature to provide additional help."
The NC Department of Revenue (NCDOR) will extend the deadline for filing North Carolina individual income, corporate income, and franchise taxes to July 15, 2020. NCDOR will not charge penalties for those filing and paying their taxes after April 15, 2020, as long as they file and pay their tax before the updated July 15, 2020 deadline.
However, the department can not offer relief from interest charged to filings after April 15th. Unless state law is changed, tax payments received after April 15 will be charged accruing interest over the period from April 15 until the date of payment.
More on ncarol.com
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- LendingTree, Inc. to Present at 40th Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- America's Boating Channel Promotes Safe Boating
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
These changes do not apply to trust taxes, such as sales and use or withholding taxes.
The NCDOR will issue official notification once the IRS publishes their guidance, which has not happened at this time.
Additionally, taxpayers are encouraged to use online and free services to pay their taxes this year. Most taxpayers can file online for free at:
NCDOR online services: www.ncdor.gov
NCDOR phone numbers:
General information: 1-877-252-3052; Individual income tax refund inquiries: 1-877-252-4052
Latest on ncarol.com
- NATP announces new week-long virtual education event
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Steven England Brings Retirement And Income Radio To North Carolina
- SoftPro® Wins Dual Gold Stevie® Awards in 2020 American Business Awards®
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Continues Conversation with RNC
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Nearly 400 New Jobs in Durham as Multi-Cancer Early Detection Company Chooses New Laboratory Location
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Triad Female Business Owners Describe What It Was Like Opening A Brand New Healthcare Concept Just W
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Lost Helix is the Key to it All
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony