- Broadway Musical Fela! Makes Audio Adaptation Debut Featuring A Global Cast Of Performers
- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward for Information on Hoke County Murder
- Syxsense Further Enhances support for MSP, MSSP and Large Enterprise with White Label Branding
"Each shot of vaccine brings us closer to doing more things we like to do with the people we love and care about," Governor Cooper said. "It's so important that we encourage our loved ones who haven't got the vaccine to go get their shot."
On Friday, the vaccine clinic administered almost 1,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine to people getting first and second shots. The Dare County Department of Health and Human Services has distributed more than 30,000 vaccinations so far. Dare County has one of the highest vaccination rates in North Carolina with 47.6 percent of adults at least partially vaccinated and 36.7 percent of adults fully vaccinated.
"Congratulations to Dare County for having one of the highest rates of vaccination in the state! The faster people get vaccinated, the sooner we will turn the corner on this pandemic," said Secretary Cohen.
"We are grateful for Governor Cooper's leadership throughout the pandemic and for taking time to visit our vaccine clinic today to help reinforce the important message of encouraging people to get vaccinated to protect against COVID-19," said Dr. Sheila Davies, the Public Health Director for the Dare County Department of Health & Human Services. "Dare County has been working diligently since December to provide COVID vaccinations to individuals in our community. To date, we have provided 15,360 initial doses and fully vaccinated 13,149 individuals. Getting your COVID vaccine is now easier and quicker than ever, as the supply has dramatically increased. We strongly encourage anyone 16 and over to get vaccinated now, especially before the busy summer is upon us."
More on ncarol.com
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- StarCom Racing to Honor John Andretti in Darlington 2021 Throwback Race
- Isosceles Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Appoints William D. Humphries as its Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Makes Appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- North Carolina: N.C. Households Can Get Help With Monthly Internet Bills From Federal Program
Over 6.1 million shots have been administered so far in North Carolina. More than 45 percent percent of adults have received at least one shot, and 32.5 percent of adults are fully vaccinated. All adults in North Carolina are eligible to receive their vaccine. Governor Cooper encourages people to talk to their family and friends who are hesitant about the importance of getting this life-saving vaccine.
North Carolinians can find vaccine providers in their communities through the NCDHHS online tool, Find a Vaccine Location. The COVID-19 vaccine hotline is available at 888-675-4567. Learn more about the state's vaccine distribution at YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov (English) or Vacunate.nc.gov (Spanish).
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Chicken Coop Company to Invest $2 Million in Butner
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
- First Florida Integrity Bank partners with ATM USA for ATM outsourcing
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
To allow for proper distancing and safety protocols, coverage of this event was pooled.
Video footage of this event will be available for media use here and here.
Still photos will available here, credit to Philip Ruckle of The Coastland Times.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Let's Talk Interactive Sees Successful Q1 as a Leading Telehealth Solutions Provider
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Proclaims Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – 7
- Medical leverage, a communications company, Grows Team, Appoints New Creative Director, Platform Implementation Specialist Accelerating Its Growth and Expansion Plans
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- Del Webb Unveils New Consumer Inspired Home Designs at Carolina Gardens
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- North Carolina: Governor Declares Correctional Officers and Correctional Employees Week
- Governor Cooper Appoints Former Western District U.S. Attorney Murray as District Attorney in Western North Carolina
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series
- Labcorp to Acquire Myriad Autoimmune's Vectra Testing Business From Myriad Genetics
- Screening Eagle joins the Elite Accreditation@SGD Program by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- PIANO SLAM 13 - The Movie! Urban/Classical concert co-presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center & Dranoff 2 Piano with Emmy Award Director Taima Hervas
- Share The Mic in Cyber Campaign Raises over $70k in Grant Funding for Cybersecurity Experts, Prepares for CYBERBASE Network in 2022