"We grow the best Christmas trees in the country right here in North Carolina," said Governor Cooper. "The Christmas Tree Association takes pride in our state's forestry tradition and the farmers who add so much holiday cheer to the Capitol festivities every year."
This year's tree was grown on the Cartner Christmas Tree Farm, a family-owned Fraser fir farm in Newland, North Carolina. The Cartner family will compete for the chance to provide the Official 2021 White House Christmas Tree at the National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA) contest next summer. The wreaths on the Capitol tree were chosen from Mountain Top Fraser Fir, also of Newland, grower of the 2018 White House Christmas tree.
More on ncarol.com
- Charlotte: Let's Talk Politics!
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces 201 New Jobs as Furniture Manufacturer Chooses Guilford County
- North Carolina: NC Rural Educators Get Support for Remote Learning
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Bow Tie Brand Releases 3 New Items Dedicated To Frontline Workers
"North Carolina is very proud to be a thirteen-time champion of the NCTA tree contest and provider of the Official White House Christmas Tree. That honor is credited to our hard-working, dedicated and passionate Christmas tree farmers," said North Carolina Christmas Tree Association Executive Director Jennifer Greene.
The North Carolina Christmas tree industry is the second-largest in the nation, harvesting more than four million trees a year and producing more than 26% of the Christmas trees in the United States.
People are encouraged to see the trees and tour the Capitol and visit the Executive Mansion's annual Holiday Open House. From December 12 - December 15, visitors touring the mansion and Capitol are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items for a holiday food drive to benefit the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Carolina Arbors' Residents Participate in Building Habitat for Humanity Homes in Durham
- Behind the Scenes of Engine Cut-Off Devices
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Chartwells Higher Education Wins 2020 Best Concept Award by Food Management
- As Students Return to School, North Carolina to Remain Paused in Phase 2
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Update: New Round of Section 301 Tariff Exclusions
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Trilliant Joins Activate Good's Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- North Carolina Begins Cleanup After Hurricane Isaias Tears Through the State
- United Sewing Automation Opens American Made Facemask Manufacturing Facility in North Carolina
- Virtual Play in Pre-Production on The Story Of First Civil Rights Martyrs Harry T. & Harriette Moore
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent