"We grow the best Christmas trees in the country right here in North Carolina," said Governor Cooper. "The Christmas Tree Association takes pride in our state's forestry tradition and the farmers who add so much holiday cheer to the Capitol festivities every year."
This year's tree was grown on the Cartner Christmas Tree Farm, a family-owned Fraser fir farm in Newland, North Carolina. The Cartner family will compete for the chance to provide the Official 2021 White House Christmas Tree at the National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA) contest next summer. The wreaths on the Capitol tree were chosen from Mountain Top Fraser Fir, also of Newland, grower of the 2018 White House Christmas tree.
More on ncarol.com
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- Rape Victim Strikes Back At Janitorial Industry Giant
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Professional Women Need P.O.W.E.R.!
"North Carolina is very proud to be a thirteen-time champion of the NCTA tree contest and provider of the Official White House Christmas Tree. That honor is credited to our hard-working, dedicated and passionate Christmas tree farmers," said North Carolina Christmas Tree Association Executive Director Jennifer Greene.
The North Carolina Christmas tree industry is the second-largest in the nation, harvesting more than four million trees a year and producing more than 26% of the Christmas trees in the United States.
People are encouraged to see the trees and tour the Capitol and visit the Executive Mansion's annual Holiday Open House. From December 12 - December 15, visitors touring the mansion and Capitol are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items for a holiday food drive to benefit the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Go Rentals Opens in Charlotte, North Carolina to Service the Mid-Atlantic Region
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Signs Bill Into Law
- Belinda Goodrich ranked on Amazon best-seller list with new book, Get It Done: A Simple Process for Finding Harmony by Destroying Your To-Do List
- Actress Alessia Franchin Slated to Play a Lead role in "The Star Machine"
- The OnDemand Venture Capital ™
- North Carolina: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Announces Additional $281.5 Million for Resiliency Projects in NC
- Industrial Microwave Machine Manufacturer
- LED Panel Backlit Translucent Material
- Collaboration and Communications Survey Reveals Organizations Dealing With Multiple, Unintegrated Systems
- Genmega Announces New More Flexible Universal Kiosk
- Charitable foundation launches fundraiser honoring fallen deacon, security officer in Texas church shooting
- User Scoping and Blackout Windows Highlight New Versions of Syxsense Secure and Manage
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Finish Line Grants Program Has Awarded More Than 3,000 Grants Totaling Over $2 Million to Community College Students
- Lifestyle brand expands line of apparel fundraisers for families of fallen officers
- Daniel Imperato v Securities exchange.( I ) 2020 Fraud upon court denial constitutional rights
- Commercial Site Design's Year in Review 2019
- QuiAri Celebrates Their 90-Day Anniversary With Dramatic Weight Loss Results
- EnergySmith Home Performance Earns 2019 Angie's List Super Service Award
- North Carolina: Governor's Office Statement on Legislative Session, GOP Refusal to Negotiate
- Commercial Financing For All Types Of Businesses!!