Gov. Cooper pardoned Orville and Wilbur, two 45-pound toms from Toy Farms in Clinton, NC. After the ceremony, Orville and Wilbur will retire at Naylor Family Farm in Fuquay-Varina, where they will join chickens, peacocks, goats, pigs and calves.
"Last year set a high bar for how many Thanksgiving-related dad jokes I could make, and many folks told me I couldn't possibly top it. To that I say, 'I cran and I berry well will,'" Gov. Cooper said. "But beyond the jokes, Thanksgiving provides an opportunity to reflect on the many things we have to be thankful for – and I'm grateful to our first responders, educators, military servicemembers and dedicated public servants working every day to make North Carolina safer and more prosperous."
More on ncarol.com
- Little Buggy Productions readies, The Girl Who Yearned for her Mother by Nichole Troupe for release
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- North Carolina: Governor Signs Senate Bill 232 into Law
- Drive Up and Grab a Bag of School Supplies
- Just for you… the best summer fun is online now! Outer Banks Squared - The Art Show
On Friday, November 20, Gov. Cooper will join representatives from the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina and Butterball to help distribute turkeys to local agencies serving families in need.
"Butterball is honored to raise the two turkeys presented to Governor Cooper for North Carolina's turkey pardon. This pardon is a fun tradition to recognize North Carolina as the second largest turkey producing state, and we're proud to be a North Carolina-based company representing our turkey industry," Jay Jandrain, President and Chief Executive Officer of Butterball, said. "We'll also be donating 400 Butterball turkeys on behalf of Governor Cooper to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina to help put a hot meal on North Carolina tables this Thanksgiving."
Latest on ncarol.com
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- America's Boating Channel Explains New Life Jacket Labels
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Global Growth to Donate 1 Million Meals, Founder Greg Lindberg Says
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- North Carolina A&T State University again chooses Mondo to upgrade track and field venue
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- CooperRiis Launches New Insurance Driven Intensive Clinical Program
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Asheville Tea Company Brews Adventure with Release of New Tea Line
- Trilliant's ISRM System Has Been Certified to the ISO 27001 Standard by DEKRA