Gov. Cooper pardoned Orville and Wilbur, two 45-pound toms from Toy Farms in Clinton, NC. After the ceremony, Orville and Wilbur will retire at Naylor Family Farm in Fuquay-Varina, where they will join chickens, peacocks, goats, pigs and calves.
"Last year set a high bar for how many Thanksgiving-related dad jokes I could make, and many folks told me I couldn't possibly top it. To that I say, 'I cran and I berry well will,'" Gov. Cooper said. "But beyond the jokes, Thanksgiving provides an opportunity to reflect on the many things we have to be thankful for – and I'm grateful to our first responders, educators, military servicemembers and dedicated public servants working every day to make North Carolina safer and more prosperous."
More on ncarol.com
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
On Friday, November 20, Gov. Cooper will join representatives from the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina and Butterball to help distribute turkeys to local agencies serving families in need.
"Butterball is honored to raise the two turkeys presented to Governor Cooper for North Carolina's turkey pardon. This pardon is a fun tradition to recognize North Carolina as the second largest turkey producing state, and we're proud to be a North Carolina-based company representing our turkey industry," Jay Jandrain, President and Chief Executive Officer of Butterball, said. "We'll also be donating 400 Butterball turkeys on behalf of Governor Cooper to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina to help put a hot meal on North Carolina tables this Thanksgiving."
Latest on ncarol.com
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- North Carolina: Last Week for Open Enrollment for Federal Health Care Marketplace
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- DonnaInk Publications features Black Friday to New Year's Light Sale
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Providing Hope for Children and Families Across North Carolina - Children's Home Society of NC's Annual Little Red Stocking Fund
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- North Carolina: Greek Battery Manufacturer to Invest $6.5 Million in Guilford County for their First North American Operation
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- North Carolina: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturer Merck Expands Again in Wilson County with $57 Million Investment
- Bunk 57 Ministries kicks off "Returning Home Backpack" Program
- Bringing Home More Than Just The Tree: Common Bugs Found In Live Christmas Trees
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector