Where is the Republican counteroffer and when will Republican legislative leaders drop their veto override attempts and actually negotiate?
It is time for Republican legislators to get to work instead of spending their time playing power politics with a veto override for which they do not have the votes and convincing North Carolinians that the budget impasse is solely because of Medicaid expansion. In an editorial, the Transylvania Times lays out the importance of Republican legislators coming to the table and making a counteroffer:
More on ncarol.com
- Charlotte: Let's Talk Politics!
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces 201 New Jobs as Furniture Manufacturer Chooses Guilford County
- North Carolina: NC Rural Educators Get Support for Remote Learning
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Bow Tie Brand Releases 3 New Items Dedicated To Frontline Workers
Good governments meet the needs of all the people, not just one party or those who donate to political parties. Expanding Medicaid coverage would help meet the health insurance needs of more than a half million state residents.
Good government is about compromise. People have diverse needs and wants. Cooper already has accepted many of the proposals in the Republican budget and has made counter-proposals in many of the areas in which they disagree. It is time now for the Republican leadership to come to the table with their counter-proposals and negotiate a compromise budget so that state agencies and employees can move forward in meeting the needs of the residents of North Carolina.
Governor Cooper's compromise offer can be found HERE. It would close the health care coverage gap, raise teacher pay, cut taxes for people and guarantee school construction while balancing the budget and saving money in the Rainy Day Fund.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Carolina Arbors' Residents Participate in Building Habitat for Humanity Homes in Durham
- Behind the Scenes of Engine Cut-Off Devices
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Chartwells Higher Education Wins 2020 Best Concept Award by Food Management
- As Students Return to School, North Carolina to Remain Paused in Phase 2
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Update: New Round of Section 301 Tariff Exclusions
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Trilliant Joins Activate Good's Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- North Carolina Begins Cleanup After Hurricane Isaias Tears Through the State
- United Sewing Automation Opens American Made Facemask Manufacturing Facility in North Carolina
- Virtual Play in Pre-Production on The Story Of First Civil Rights Martyrs Harry T. & Harriette Moore
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent