Where is the Republican counteroffer and when will Republican legislative leaders drop their veto override attempts and actually negotiate?
It is time for Republican legislators to get to work instead of spending their time playing power politics with a veto override for which they do not have the votes and convincing North Carolinians that the budget impasse is solely because of Medicaid expansion. In an editorial, the Transylvania Times lays out the importance of Republican legislators coming to the table and making a counteroffer:
More on ncarol.com
- Industrial circular screen for processing ash
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Asheville Tea Company Releases 2019 Fall Seasonals
Good governments meet the needs of all the people, not just one party or those who donate to political parties. Expanding Medicaid coverage would help meet the health insurance needs of more than a half million state residents.
Good government is about compromise. People have diverse needs and wants. Cooper already has accepted many of the proposals in the Republican budget and has made counter-proposals in many of the areas in which they disagree. It is time now for the Republican leadership to come to the table with their counter-proposals and negotiate a compromise budget so that state agencies and employees can move forward in meeting the needs of the residents of North Carolina.
Governor Cooper's compromise offer can be found HERE. It would close the health care coverage gap, raise teacher pay, cut taxes for people and guarantee school construction while balancing the budget and saving money in the Rainy Day Fund.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- Geo Owl Makes the 2019 Inc. 5000 List
- Destiny Carries & LFG Wins Praise for Offering First-Class Destiny Carries and boosting for all Destiny Players
- Evolve IP® Named For Seventh Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
- 37 Days of GOP Stalling is Costing North Carolina
- Transcend Security Secures High Rank On Acclaimed Inc. 5000 List Of The Fastest Growing Private Companies In America for 2019
- Automation Intellect Raises Funding Round Led by StartFast
- California Advertising Company Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Conspire Web Services reduces cloud backup costs by up to 25x
- The Most Extensive Study Of Its Kind On Family Office Real Estate Investing Is Released
- Wish You Could Give Back More? So Does Scottsdale Based Real Estate Management Company MC Residential LLC
- North Carolina: Gov. Cooper Appoints Two New District Court Judges
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces 600 New Jobs as Xerox Selects Wake County for a New Center of Excellence
- Software Testing Innovator Elevon Announces Launch of the Spotter Platform