Where is the Republican counteroffer and when will Republican legislative leaders drop their veto override attempts and actually negotiate?
It is time for Republican legislators to get to work instead of spending their time playing power politics with a veto override for which they do not have the votes and convincing North Carolinians that the budget impasse is solely because of Medicaid expansion. In an editorial, the Transylvania Times lays out the importance of Republican legislators coming to the table and making a counteroffer:
More on ncarol.com
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- Rape Victim Strikes Back At Janitorial Industry Giant
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Professional Women Need P.O.W.E.R.!
Good governments meet the needs of all the people, not just one party or those who donate to political parties. Expanding Medicaid coverage would help meet the health insurance needs of more than a half million state residents.
Good government is about compromise. People have diverse needs and wants. Cooper already has accepted many of the proposals in the Republican budget and has made counter-proposals in many of the areas in which they disagree. It is time now for the Republican leadership to come to the table with their counter-proposals and negotiate a compromise budget so that state agencies and employees can move forward in meeting the needs of the residents of North Carolina.
Governor Cooper's compromise offer can be found HERE. It would close the health care coverage gap, raise teacher pay, cut taxes for people and guarantee school construction while balancing the budget and saving money in the Rainy Day Fund.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Go Rentals Opens in Charlotte, North Carolina to Service the Mid-Atlantic Region
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Signs Bill Into Law
- Belinda Goodrich ranked on Amazon best-seller list with new book, Get It Done: A Simple Process for Finding Harmony by Destroying Your To-Do List
- Actress Alessia Franchin Slated to Play a Lead role in "The Star Machine"
- The OnDemand Venture Capital ™
- North Carolina: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Announces Additional $281.5 Million for Resiliency Projects in NC
- Industrial Microwave Machine Manufacturer
- LED Panel Backlit Translucent Material
- Collaboration and Communications Survey Reveals Organizations Dealing With Multiple, Unintegrated Systems
- Genmega Announces New More Flexible Universal Kiosk
- Charitable foundation launches fundraiser honoring fallen deacon, security officer in Texas church shooting
- User Scoping and Blackout Windows Highlight New Versions of Syxsense Secure and Manage
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Finish Line Grants Program Has Awarded More Than 3,000 Grants Totaling Over $2 Million to Community College Students
- Lifestyle brand expands line of apparel fundraisers for families of fallen officers
- Daniel Imperato v Securities exchange.( I ) 2020 Fraud upon court denial constitutional rights
- Commercial Site Design's Year in Review 2019
- QuiAri Celebrates Their 90-Day Anniversary With Dramatic Weight Loss Results
- EnergySmith Home Performance Earns 2019 Angie's List Super Service Award
- North Carolina: Governor's Office Statement on Legislative Session, GOP Refusal to Negotiate
- Commercial Financing For All Types Of Businesses!!