The announcement that company-owned restaurants were suspending operations was shared during a virtual town hall meeting with company leaders, coworkers and franchise owners. "It is truly an emotional and challenging time for our country," Golden Corral CEO Lance Trenary said during the meeting. "The realities of the current situation have forced us to make difficult decisions. We know these decisions are impacting the team members who we work shoulder to shoulder with every day." The company has furloughed 2,290 team members made up of restaurant coworkers, managers, field support and company support center employees.
Trenary indicated that the company would assist restaurant coworkers with food for their families and provide guidance as they seek unemployment, adding, "We are committed to supporting our friends, colleagues and coworkers during this difficult transition."
More on ncarol.com
- Alpine Air Products — Your One-Stop-Shop For All Your Indoor Air Purification Needs
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- ChannelAdvisor Announces New Consumer Survey Results
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
Operating Golden Corral franchise restaurants will continue the precautions they have been implementing, including providing sanitizer stations throughout each restaurant, handwashing every 20 minutes, sanitizing food preparation areas every 30 minutes and replacing serving utensils frequently. In markets with dining restrictions, operating Golden Corral restaurants offer carryout, curbside delivery or home delivery.
About Golden Corral
Founded in 1973 and based in Raleigh, N.C., Golden Corral is the nation's largest grill-buffet restaurant chain. Golden Corral strives to make pleasurable dining affordable for families across America. Service to others is a hallmark of the Golden Corral brand. Golden Corral restaurants nationwide have long been strong supporters of the U.S. Military and DAV (Disabled American Veterans). Golden Corral is also the founding sponsor of Camp Corral, a free summer camp for children of wounded, disabled or fallen military families. For more information, visit goldencorral.com and follow Golden Corral on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
SOURCE Golden Corral
Filed Under: Business
Latest on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Governor Roy Cooper Comment on Possible Drilling Moratorium
- Professional Background Screening Association Announces 2020-21 Board and Council Leadership
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- Projects to Protect North Carolina Water and Land Awarded $14.6 Million
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- United Sewing Automation Announces Superior Test Results of Their USA- Sourced and NC-Manufactured PPE Surgical Masks
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Wayne Brothers Resurrects 100+ Year Old Charlotte Company
- commercetools to Unveil B2B Commerce Solutions at B2B Next 2020
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Albemarle Corporation to release third quarter 2020 earnings results on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Additional $40 Million COVID Relief for Small Businesses