"In these challenging times, North Carolina continues to attract leading manufacturers like RMC because of our strong workforce, our commitment to economic development and the state's ability to manage a crisis well," said Governor Cooper. "Manufacturers know they have a strong partner in our state so we'll continue to see more new jobs."
RMC, part of the Composites Division of Quebec-based NanoXplore Inc., is a solutions‐driven, customer‐focused manufacturer of molded plastic and composite parts and assemblies. RMC develops technologies, product designs and new manufacturing concepts that provide superior services and products to customers. The company's technology specializes in processes that support high-volume, high-speed, and large surface-area molding.
More on ncarol.com
- Post-Presidential Debate Allstar Panel Weighs In at '20 Days to Save the USA' Virtual Conference With Assessments of How Trump and Biden Performed in Their Final Debate
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- Asheville Tea Company Releases Holiday Blends & Festive Gift Boxes
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Criterion HCM on Top Workplaces Title
- Relay Launches Newest Enterprise 'Walkie-Talkie Killer' Relay+
In Newton, RMC will expand a facility that once housed Continental Structural Plastics Inc. The vision for the new operation includes adding a full paint line and other production capabilities, which will enable expanded production shifts, output, and future growth.
"RMC Advanced Technologies is extremely excited to have acquired and, in quick order, to be expanding our new Newton operation to better fulfill the needs of our North American customers," said Ali Karnib, Vice President of Operations – Composite Business Unit. "We greatly appreciate the support from the State of North Carolina, Catawba County, and the City of Newton on this expansion project and we look forward to being an involved corporate citizen in our new community."
"North Carolina welcomes RMC to the state's community of manufacturers, the top state for these companies in the Southeast," said Secretary of Commerce Anthony M. Copeland. "Even in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, the North Carolina economy is still humming and creating jobs."
More on ncarol.com
- Old Dominion Freight Line Announces $0.15 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
Through the project period of 4-5 years, the new jobs may create a payroll impact in the local community of more than $3.57 million per year, pending new business awards to the company.
A performance-based grant of $150,000 from the One North Carolina Fund will help facilitate RMC's project in North Carolina. The grant is contingent on the company creating 80 jobs and investing $7.1 million in the project. The One NC Fund provides financial assistance to local governments to help attract economic investment and to create jobs. Companies receive no money upfront and must meet job creation and capital investment targets to qualify for payment. All One NC grants require a matching grant from local governments and any award is also contingent upon that condition being met.
In addition to the North Carolina Department of Commerce and the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina, other key partners in the project include the North Carolina General Assembly, the North Carolina Community College System, the Western Piedmont Council of Governments, Catawba County Community College, the City of Newton, Catawba County Government, and the Catawba County Economic Development Corporation.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Mycovia Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Last Patient Completes Final Visit in their Global Phase 3 "VIOLET Studies" for Oteseconazole (VT-1161) for the Treatment of Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis (RVVC)
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Local CEO tapped to be part of LPGA Panel
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- Residents of Carolina Arbors Volunteer at Spring Valley Elementary School
- Tech Training Leader INE Revolutionizes Cyber Security
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patti Flint now offering sought-after lip lift procedure
- Entrepreneur, Investor Signs $100,000 Contract With Hotel To Host First Female Founders Pitch Summit Despite Pandemic
- LendingTree, Inc. to Report Third Quarter 2020 Earnings on November 5, 2020
- New Partnership Aims to Create COVID-Safe Zones for Return to Work, Travel, Conferences and Live Events
- Studica Celebrates 35 Years in Business
- College Students Reflect on Their Sustainability Journey in Final Episode of HanesBrands' "Crop to Campus" Minidocumentary
- Geoff Bryce Named President of SOICA
- 1 in 4 Americans Have Already Finished Their Holiday Shopping
- The Ultimate Election Night Survival Kit
- Actress Marcia Cross Launches Non-Profit Organization After Successful Battle with Cancer
- North Carolina: Free Remote Learning Conference Available for Teachers, Parents
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations