- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward for Information on Hoke County Murder
- Broadway Musical Fela! Makes Audio Adaptation Debut Featuring A Global Cast Of Performers
- Syxsense Further Enhances support for MSP, MSSP and Large Enterprise with White Label Branding
"We are pleased to welcome another global manufacturer that has selected North Carolina for their North American operations," said Governor Cooper. "Polykemi's decision emphasizes our state's world-class talent and affirms the strength of our economy in the global market."
Polykemi AB, part of the Polykemi Group, has been providing custom plastic compounds for the automotive, furniture and household industries for more than 50 years. The plastic compounds are formulated into granules to be melted and injection molded for automotive components, household interiors and more. Polykemi is a third-generation family-owned company with sales offices worldwide and factories in Sweden and China, including a recycling operation and innovative packaging company. The new Gastonia manufacturing plant will be the company's first North American operation and represents Polykemi's single largest investment to date.
More on ncarol.com
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- StarCom Racing to Honor John Andretti in Darlington 2021 Throwback Race
- Isosceles Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Appoints William D. Humphries as its Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Makes Appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- North Carolina: N.C. Households Can Get Help With Monthly Internet Bills From Federal Program
"Since creating our subsidiary Polykemi Inc. in 2012 our aim has been to establish a production site in the US and we are very happy to announce that this project is now becoming a reality," said Johan Hugoson, CEO of Polykemi Inc. "Being present with our own production will enable us to get closer to our customers and to explore the many opportunities we see in the US market."
"When international companies choose to expand, they are often attracted to our strong manufacturing workforce," said Commerce Secretary Machelle Baker Sanders. "In addition to our talent, growing companies like Polykemi appreciate North Carolina's robust infrastructure, market access, and affordability to increase their global success."
The North Carolina Department of Commerce led a team of partners in supporting Polykemi's decision to establish a manufacturing plant in North Carolina. New positions include operations, maintenance, finance and managerial personnel. The average annual salary for all new positions is $59,132, creating a potential payroll impact of more than $1.3 million per year. Gaston County's overall average annual wage is $42,018.
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Chicken Coop Company to Invest $2 Million in Butner
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
- First Florida Integrity Bank partners with ATM USA for ATM outsourcing
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
A performance-based grant of $50,000 from the One North Carolina Fund will help with Polykemi's expansion to North Carolina. The One NC Fund provides financial assistance to local governments to help attract economic investment and to create jobs. Companies receive no money upfront and must meet job creation and capital investment targets to qualify for payment. All One NC grants require a matching grant from local governments and any award is contingent upon that condition being met.
"We are thrilled to welcome another international company to Gaston County," said N.C. Representative John Torbett. "Polykemi's new addition to our business community is just the beginning of a strong partnership to grow our global reputation as a great place to do business. We welcome them to their new home."
"Polykemi's investment is a win for everyone," said N.C. Senator Kathy Harrington. "With a strong, capable workforce and great infrastructure, the people of Gastonia are ready to support the company for many years to come."
Joining the North Carolina Department of Commerce and the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina were key partners in the project that included the North Carolina General Assembly, the North Carolina Community College System, Gaston College, Gaston County, Gaston County Economic Development Commission, City of Gastonia, Two Rivers Utilities, and Charlotte Regional Business Alliance.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Let's Talk Interactive Sees Successful Q1 as a Leading Telehealth Solutions Provider
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Proclaims Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – 7
- Medical leverage, a communications company, Grows Team, Appoints New Creative Director, Platform Implementation Specialist Accelerating Its Growth and Expansion Plans
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- Del Webb Unveils New Consumer Inspired Home Designs at Carolina Gardens
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- North Carolina: Governor Declares Correctional Officers and Correctional Employees Week
- Governor Cooper Appoints Former Western District U.S. Attorney Murray as District Attorney in Western North Carolina
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series
- Labcorp to Acquire Myriad Autoimmune's Vectra Testing Business From Myriad Genetics
- Screening Eagle joins the Elite Accreditation@SGD Program by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- PIANO SLAM 13 - The Movie! Urban/Classical concert co-presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center & Dranoff 2 Piano with Emmy Award Director Taima Hervas
- Share The Mic in Cyber Campaign Raises over $70k in Grant Funding for Cybersecurity Experts, Prepares for CYBERBASE Network in 2022