- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward for Information on Hoke County Murder
- Broadway Musical Fela! Makes Audio Adaptation Debut Featuring A Global Cast Of Performers
- Syxsense Further Enhances support for MSP, MSSP and Large Enterprise with White Label Branding
"The quicker more people get vaccinated, the sooner we can turn the corner on this pandemic," Governor Cooper said. "Getting vaccinated is easy and everywhere, and it's safe and effective, so do it now for your family, your friends and yourself."
On Wednesday, Gov. Cooper announced a timeline for lifting many of the state's COVID-19 restrictions. With trends stabilizing and vaccinations continuing, North Carolina expects to lift mandatory social distancing, capacity and mass gathering restrictions by June 1. Next week, Gov. Cooper will issue an Executive Order outlining safety restrictions for the month of May.
"It's exactly these kind of community partnerships that are making a big impact on getting people vaccinated," said Secretary Cohen."Our newly launched Bringing Summer Back campaign builds on community efforts and provides ways for groups to roll up their sleeves and do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Sign-up at YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov."
"Thanks to collaborative community partnerships, we are making steady progress in our vaccination efforts here in Buncombe County," Buncombe County Public Health Director Stacie Saunders said. "Partnerships with the Community College, Mexican Consulate, YMCA, faith community, aging services and other providers have helped to ensure that the vaccine reaches every corner and community in Buncombe County with equity and efficiency."
More on ncarol.com
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- StarCom Racing to Honor John Andretti in Darlington 2021 Throwback Race
- Isosceles Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Appoints William D. Humphries as its Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Makes Appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- North Carolina: N.C. Households Can Get Help With Monthly Internet Bills From Federal Program
The Buncombe Department of Health and Human Services has made accessibility a priority with bilingual staff members and ADA compliance regulations in place as they vaccinate approximately 550 people a day.
Over 6.5 million doses have been administered in North Carolina, with 47.5 percent of adults partially vaccinated and 36.8 percent of adults fully vaccinated. Seventy-seven percent of the 65 and older population have been partially vaccinated. Gov. Cooper encourages people to talk with their loved ones who are hesitant to get the vaccine about the importance of getting their shot.
North Carolinians can find nearby vaccine providers using Find a Vaccine Location, NCDHHS' online tool. The COVID-19 vaccine hotline number is 888-675-4567. Learn more about the state's vaccine distribution at YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov (English) or Vacunate.nc.gov (Spanish).
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Chicken Coop Company to Invest $2 Million in Butner
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
- First Florida Integrity Bank partners with ATM USA for ATM outsourcing
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
To allow for proper distancing and safety protocols, coverage of the vaccine clinic event was pooled.
Video footage of this event will be available for media use here and here.
Still photos will be available here, credit to Paul Barker.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Let's Talk Interactive Sees Successful Q1 as a Leading Telehealth Solutions Provider
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Proclaims Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – 7
- Medical leverage, a communications company, Grows Team, Appoints New Creative Director, Platform Implementation Specialist Accelerating Its Growth and Expansion Plans
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- Del Webb Unveils New Consumer Inspired Home Designs at Carolina Gardens
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- North Carolina: Governor Declares Correctional Officers and Correctional Employees Week
- Governor Cooper Appoints Former Western District U.S. Attorney Murray as District Attorney in Western North Carolina
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series
- Labcorp to Acquire Myriad Autoimmune's Vectra Testing Business From Myriad Genetics
- Screening Eagle joins the Elite Accreditation@SGD Program by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- PIANO SLAM 13 - The Movie! Urban/Classical concert co-presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center & Dranoff 2 Piano with Emmy Award Director Taima Hervas
- Share The Mic in Cyber Campaign Raises over $70k in Grant Funding for Cybersecurity Experts, Prepares for CYBERBASE Network in 2022