In January of 2019, Jones offered for key members of the administration to "provide additional information through the open committee process." It took until today – November 8, 2019, for the legislature to accept that offer of an open committee hearing.
Ken Eudy and Julia White, senior advisors to the Governor, re-iterated the key facts that Republican legislators have willfully ignored for the last 20 months as they sought to create a political controversy instead of helping with jobs in the pipeline counties.
After legislative questioning today, here's a recap of what we know:
- The issuance of the ACP's water quality permit was completely up to the experts at DEQ. The Governor's office was not involved in directing DEQ on the permit. Earlier this week, DEQ employees involved with the permit stated dozens of times that they were not directed or pressured by any outside forces and that nothing out of the ordinary happened with the permit. Read more about that HERE.
More on ncarol.com
- Nurses, Others Call on NCGA to Pass the SAVE Act
- NourishNC and City Club of Wilmington team up to help meet increased demand amidst pandemic
- America's Boating Channel Demonstrates Life Jacket Care
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'
- NS4ed Customizes District Market Needs for Nebraska Schools
The ACP has publicly said that they agreed to similar mitigation funds in Virginia and West Virginia because they view it to be part of they federal regulatory obligation.
The Governor's office wanted to announce the mitigation agreement and the solar settlement at the same time that DEQ announced the water quality permit so that North Carolinians could have a full picture of North Carolina's energy future.
The solar settlement was supported by Republican legislators and negotiated with the public staff of the utilities commission.
The legislature hijacked a fund meant for economic development in the pipeline counties. If legislators thought the money had been obtained illegally, they would have returned the money. But they didn't, proving that they were only upset that they were not in control of the fund.
Republican legislators have continued to insist that there are unanswered questions. But the Governor's office has released tens of thousands of records on this issue. The Governor and staff have been available for questions from the media on the issue. The office has answered written questions. Permitting officials have answered questions. And now, high-ranking senior officials took questions in a public hearing.
More on ncarol.com
- Study: Listing Agents Who Received Adwerx Automated Advertising From Their Broker Saw 35% Lift in Year-over-year Productivity Compared to Peers
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Fintech Startup Client Airfox on Acquisition by Retail Giant
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- North Carolina: Ontex Group Announces Plans to Create 403 Jobs in Rockingham County
- Kimberly Maska Named As Female Entrepreneur To Watch In 2020
"For months, the Governor's office has been ready to answer questions, and today it's clear that the only thing left to chase are half-baked conspiracy theories. It's time for legislative Republicans to stop wasting time on a manufactured political issue and turn their attention to teacher pay, public schools and expanding health care," said Ford Porter, spokesperson for the Governor.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- Franny's Manufacturing is Raising Capital via Equity Crowdfunding to Expand CBD Operations
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer
- Certified Nutraceuticals , Inc is proud to partner with Princeton Consumer Research for a Randomized, Single-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Study
- All Premium CBD Enters the Pain Relief Arena with CBDMEDIC Partnership
- Southern Star Roofing Company expands to Asheville NC
- Nutraceuticals & Agriceuticals Technology Company, Inc. Files For Patent Protection For Latest Invention Persimonal™ Persimmon Leaf Exctract- Powder
- World Humanity Commission Awards Certificate of Appreciation to Kalgidhar Society Baru Sahib for promoting Lessons of Humanity
- edjuster Celebrates Twenty Years of Excellence in Contents Claims Management for Insurers, Adjusters and Policyholders
- Gold City Music announces a NEW CD RELEASE By Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER..."For the Love of You"
- Braeden Lichti: The Complicated World of Biotech Investments in the Era of COVID-19
- Apparel company to donate $9.5K to family of Texas police officer killed in April ambush shooting
- Cato 2020 Annual Meeting Highlights
- Face Masks Make a New Fashion Statement
- Fashion in Quarantine – What is happening?
- Capgemini UK Plc Breaches GDPR Regulations
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Highlights Innovative Safety Training Program for Restaurants, Other Businesses
- Practicing mindfulness without addressing self-destructive habits is like placing a band-aid on a festering wound
- Announcing a new history of environmentalism: Before and After the First Earth Day, 1970