"Global manufacturers like Sunlight batteries see great potential in North Carolina, from our location to our highly skilled workforce" said Governor Cooper.
Headquartered in Greece, Systems Sunlight, the parent company of Sunlight Batteries USA, has been specializing in energy storage and industrial batteries manufacturing since 1991. In its third decade of sustained growth, the company today ranks among the world's leading batteries manufacturers for traction, standby and defense applications, offering innovative solutions based on lead and lithium technology. Sunlight operates three state-of-the-art production facilities in Greece and Italy, implementing best practices in manufacturing, health and safety. With 93% of its production is channeled abroad, Sunlight exports to more than 100 countries in all continents. Sunlight Batteries will assemble and distribute lead and lithium batteries at the Greensboro facility.
More on ncarol.com
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- Rape Victim Strikes Back At Janitorial Industry Giant
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Professional Women Need P.O.W.E.R.!
"The establishment of Sunlight in the US market is a significant milestone to our growth plan," said Robby Bourlas, Chief Executive Officer of Sunlight Batteries. "With the launch of Sunlight Batteries USA, we create our largest assembly hub and a strategic geographic presence in a market we have been exporting to for the last six years. This proximity will allow us to offer our highest quality products along with the best possible delivery times in order to better serve the demanding needs of the US market. Our total investment of $6.5 million over the next three years is a starting point to support our organic growth but we are also evaluating other strategic investment opportunities."
"North Carolina has the fifth largest manufacturing economy in the nation," said North Carolina Commerce Secretary Anthony M. Copeland. "With the largest manufacturing workforce in the Southeast and our transportation infrastructure, international companies like Sunlight Batteries will be very successful here."
The North Carolina Department of Commerce led the state's support for the company's decision.
Although wages will vary depending on the position, the average for all new positions could reach up to $47,978. The current average annual wage in Guilford County is $47,955.
More on ncarol.com
- SeniorMatch.com Enrolls its Millionth Senior Single for Mature Dating
- Sonic Automotive, Inc. Schedules Release of 2019 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results
- Linksys And Axiros Enter Into Strategic Partnership
- Axiros Solution Enables WND UK, Sigfox Operator For United Kingdom To Manage CPEs On Their Network
- US Patent Office Issues DisposeRx First Patent
A performance-based grant of $100,000 from the One North Carolina Fund will help facilitate Sunlight Batteries' operation in Guilford County. The One NC Fund provides financial assistance to local governments to help attract economic investment and to create jobs. Companies receive no money upfront and must meet job creation and capital investment targets to qualify for payment. All One NC grants require a matching grant from local governments and any award is contingent upon that condition being met.
"Sunlight Batteries is a welcome addition to Greensboro," said N.C. Senator Rick Gunn. "We are glad they have chosen our community for their first North American operations and are ready to support their expansion."
"This is exciting news," said N.C. Representative Jon Hardister. "Sunlight Batteries' investment and jobs are a great win for Guilford County and for the state of North Carolina."
In addition to North Carolina Department of Commerce and the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina, other key partners in the project include the North Carolina General Assembly, North Carolina Community College System, North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, Greensboro Chamber of Commerce, City of Greensboro, Guildford County Economic Development Alliance, High Point Economic Development Corporation, and Duke Energy.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Commercial Site Design's Year in Review 2019
- QuiAri Celebrates Their 90-Day Anniversary With Dramatic Weight Loss Results
- EnergySmith Home Performance Earns 2019 Angie's List Super Service Award
- North Carolina: Governor's Office Statement on Legislative Session, GOP Refusal to Negotiate
- Commercial Financing For All Types Of Businesses!!
- San José Mayor Sam Liccardo to Receive Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at Latino Leaders Network's Tribute to Mayors
- E.J. Callahan & Associates Names Wilder Jacobellis Partner
- RI Jewelry Company Symbol Of Love Launches Soulmate Jewelry Line
- IOTech Announces Edge Xpert "Fuji" v1.6 the Latest Release of its Open Edge Software Platform for Industrial IoT Systems
- Of CYPHERs, "BoOMBAPJAZz, and Soul Poets: The ZYG 808 On The Rise
- Utah Food Allergy Mom Introduces Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Cooking Club for Kids in US and Canada
- Divorce Lawyer Denver Burnham Law
- Divorce Attorney Denver Burnham Law
- Divorce Lawyer Boulder Burnham Law
- Ilias Konstantopoulos Appointed CEO of Great Gulf Group
- American Lending Center Celebrates the Successful Opening of Front Street Village
- North Carolina: In Greenville, Governor Cooper, Health and Community Leaders Push for Medicaid Expansion
- Ethel J. Davis Recognized On WealthManagement.com's 2019 Thrive List of Fastest-Growing Advisors
- North Carolina: Sara Lee Frozen Bakery to Expand in Edgecombe County
- Jet Drone Startup New Frontier Aerospace Announces Leadership Appointment