"Now is the time to make a plan so that you and your family are ready when winter weather arrives," said Governor Cooper.
Governor Cooper urged residents to monitor changing weather conditions by listening to local media and paying close attention to winter weather warnings. Remember:
- A Winter Storm Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for either heavy snow, sleet or freezing rain within the next 48 hours, A Winter Storm Warning is issued when at least 3 inches of snow and/or ice accumulations of ¼" or more are likely within the next 24 hours, A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when 1 to 3 inches of snow or ice accumulations of less than ¼" are expected within the next 24 hours, causing travel difficulties.
More on ncarol.com
- Donna Markussen Releases Her New Women's Health Book, "Take Command of Your Total Health"
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- Successful Pageant Queen Turned Author & Ex Dash Doll Opens Up About Her Painful Past
- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward For Information on Guilford County Murder
To help ensure you are ready for winter weather, North Carolina Emergency Management officials urge you to:
- Always keep at least a three-day supply of nonperishable food in your home. Keep fresh batteries on hand for weather radios and flashlights. Dress warmly. Wear multiple layers of thin clothing instead of a single layer of thick clothing. Properly vent kerosene heaters and keep any electric generators outside and away from open windows or doors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Never burn charcoal indoors. Use a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather radio to monitor for changing weather conditions. Keep alternative heating sources and fire extinguishers on hand. Be sure your family knows how to use them. Store an emergency kit in your vehicle. Include scraper, jumper cables, tow chain, sand/salt, blankets, flashlight, first aid kit and road map. Make an emergency supplies kit for your pet and include medical records, first aid kit, enough canned/dry food and water for three to seven days and pet travel bag or carrier. Do not leave pets outside for long periods of time. Ensure your pet has a well-fitting collar. Bring pets inside when temperatures drop below freezing. Move livestock and other animals to a sheltered location with food and water.
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: N.C. Office of Recovery and Resiliency Makes Critical Progress in First Year
- InFlight Labs Develops FIRST "GADSS" Aircraft-wide Remote Control for ELT, SATCOM, and ADS-B Distress Tracking Systems
- Students Rising Above Welcomes Elizabeth Jordan Devaney as Chief Executive Officer
- Bandwidth brings Verified SMS by Google to market with customers KAYAK and Fivestars
- Laying Foundations for Future Growth
If you must travel during bad weather, emergency officials remind motorists to leave plenty of room between you and other vehicles and, if driving on snow- or ice-covered roadways, reduce your speed. If conditions worsen, pull off the highway and remain in your vehicle. Do not set out on foot unless you can see a building close by where you can take shelter.
The Department of Public Safety and the National Weather Service work together to help North Carolinians plan and prepare for winter weather by providing accurate weather and safety information.
For more information on how to prepare for winter storms, visit readync.org.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Report Released on North Carolina's Efforts to Ensure a Sound Basic Education for All Students
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- North Carolina: Design Firm Michael Aram, Inc. to Create 118 Jobs with New Logistics Operation in Wayne County
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Establishes Task Force to Improve Diversity and Inclusion in Education Field
- ACEINNA Launches New Current Sensing Article for Embedded Power Systems
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- Wyndham Capital Mortgage adds Trey Rigdon as SVP of Marketing
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- Eppin Pharma Receives $300,000 Grant for Male Contraception
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release