"In North Carolina, we know that investing in programs that work allows us to get better results for people at a lower cost to taxpayers. Too often we see troubling examples of taxpayer dollars being spent based on the personal whims of irresponsible politicians, and I'm proud that my administration has been recognized for data-driven decision making and our commitment to investing wisely," said Governor Cooper.
A project of Results for America, Moneyball for Government emphasizes the need for data-driven decisions in government at all levels and takes its name from the process of using data and statistics to make decisions in Major League Baseball by Oakland Athletics General Manager Billy Beane. Governor Cooper's recognition follows Results for America and the National Governor's Association's 2019 Invest in What Works State Standard of Excellencereport, which highlighted North Carolina's commitment to cost-benefit analysis, the use of data and evidence to make informed decisions, and data leadership.
More on ncarol.com
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
In addition to Governor Cooper, Colorado Governor Jared Polis, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Utah Governor Gary Herbert were named Moneyball for Government All Stars.
Learn More About Moneyball for Government HERE.
Learn More about Results for America HERE.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- North Carolina: Last Week for Open Enrollment for Federal Health Care Marketplace
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- DonnaInk Publications features Black Friday to New Year's Light Sale
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Providing Hope for Children and Families Across North Carolina - Children's Home Society of NC's Annual Little Red Stocking Fund
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- North Carolina: Greek Battery Manufacturer to Invest $6.5 Million in Guilford County for their First North American Operation
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- North Carolina: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturer Merck Expands Again in Wilson County with $57 Million Investment
- Bunk 57 Ministries kicks off "Returning Home Backpack" Program
- Bringing Home More Than Just The Tree: Common Bugs Found In Live Christmas Trees
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector