"In North Carolina, we know that investing in programs that work allows us to get better results for people at a lower cost to taxpayers. Too often we see troubling examples of taxpayer dollars being spent based on the personal whims of irresponsible politicians, and I'm proud that my administration has been recognized for data-driven decision making and our commitment to investing wisely," said Governor Cooper.
A project of Results for America, Moneyball for Government emphasizes the need for data-driven decisions in government at all levels and takes its name from the process of using data and statistics to make decisions in Major League Baseball by Oakland Athletics General Manager Billy Beane. Governor Cooper's recognition follows Results for America and the National Governor's Association's 2019 Invest in What Works State Standard of Excellencereport, which highlighted North Carolina's commitment to cost-benefit analysis, the use of data and evidence to make informed decisions, and data leadership.
More on ncarol.com
- Little Buggy Productions readies, The Girl Who Yearned for her Mother by Nichole Troupe for release
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- North Carolina: Governor Signs Senate Bill 232 into Law
- Drive Up and Grab a Bag of School Supplies
- Just for you… the best summer fun is online now! Outer Banks Squared - The Art Show
In addition to Governor Cooper, Colorado Governor Jared Polis, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Utah Governor Gary Herbert were named Moneyball for Government All Stars.
Learn More About Moneyball for Government HERE.
Learn More about Results for America HERE.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- America's Boating Channel Explains New Life Jacket Labels
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Global Growth to Donate 1 Million Meals, Founder Greg Lindberg Says
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- North Carolina A&T State University again chooses Mondo to upgrade track and field venue
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- CooperRiis Launches New Insurance Driven Intensive Clinical Program
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Asheville Tea Company Brews Adventure with Release of New Tea Line
- Trilliant's ISRM System Has Been Certified to the ISO 27001 Standard by DEKRA