"In a time of emergency we need to make it easier for hospitals to free up bed space and hire more medical staff and this order does that," Governor Cooper said.
The Order temporarily puts measures in place for licensing, Certificates of Need, and other regulations. The public health crisis needs to scale up services and staff and the Order gives the NC DHHS Secretary the authority to do that during the emergency. Once the crisis has passed, the rules will be put back into place.
"We have never faced emergency demand for health care like we do today, and we must act now," added Governor Cooper. "If we do this work well, along with social distancing, our hospitals can handle the hardships of this pandemic."
EXPANDING SERVICES, BEDS STATEWIDE
The Order offers flexibility using and moving resources, such as beds, dialysis stations, CT and MRI scanners. It means hospitals can more quickly increase the number of beds to take critically ill patients and allow an ambulatory surgical facility to operate as a temporary hospital.
Though the Order loosens regulations, expanding beds and services will still require the NCDHHS, Division of Health Service Regulation to approve written requests that explain how increase in capacity, relocation or addition of resources, equipment acquisition, or change in facility operation addresses public health needs and related safety measures.
More on ncarol.com
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- LendingTree, Inc. to Present at 40th Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- America's Boating Channel Promotes Safe Boating
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
EMERGENCY CHILD CARE SERVICES
The Order allows childcare facilities to remain open or to reopen to care for children of essential business workers, children who are receiving child welfare services, or children who are homeless or living in unstable or unsafe living arrangements.
The Order requires the facilities to apply for approval and to follow the NCDHHS Emergency Facility Guidelines, but also provides flexibility in activities and continuing education requirements for care givers.
EXPANDING POOL OF HEALTH CARE WORKERS AND ACCESS TO TELEHEALTH
The Order will allow out of state licensed workers to practice in North Carolina during the emergency, and may allow retired health care professionals, students training for health care jobs and unlicensed, skilled volunteers to provide care.
Expanded telehealth services and flexibility for in-home care are also included in the Order.
The Council of State concurred with the Order today. Read the full Order.
More on ncarol.com
- Lenoir NC Company Files US Patent Application for "Voice-Activated Talk-Through Safety Mask Appliance and Method" dubbed, "VATTSMA™"
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies
- Author Reid Ashbaucher Develops New PowerPoint® Aid for Educational Use to Teach Eschatology from a Dispensational Theology Perspective
- DemandDynamics launches On Demand Services to support Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers
- SiliconExpert Celebrates 20th Anniversary with Launch of new SaaS Platform and Services for Parts, Bill-of-Materials, and Supply Chain Management
Read a summary of the Order.
Make sure the information you are getting about COVID-19 is coming directly from reliable sources like the CDC and NCDHHS. For more information, please visit the CDC's website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and NCDHHS' website at www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus, which includes daily updates on positive COVID-19 test results in North Carolina.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Lost Helix is the Key to it All
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- Wood Partners Announces Pre-Leasing of Alta Purl in Charlotte
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- North Carolina to Observe Day of Mourning to Honor People who Passed from COVID-19
- Screen printer pairs with local Reverend for benefit T's
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Extends Moratorium on Utility Cut Offs and Implements Evictions Moratorium
- 7 Last Words T-shirt to support Equal Justice Initiative
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis