- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward for Information on Hoke County Murder
- Broadway Musical Fela! Makes Audio Adaptation Debut Featuring A Global Cast Of Performers
- Syxsense Further Enhances support for MSP, MSSP and Large Enterprise with White Label Branding
"The hate speech and violence that we have seen aimed at Asian Americans across the country is alarming, and I encourage North Carolinians to speak out against it until it ends," Governor Cooper said. "Diversity makes our communities, our economy and our quality of life stronger and better."
An analysis released by the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism revealed that while hate crimes decreased overall by 7 percent in 2020, such crimes targeting Asian people rose 150 percent in 16 of America's largest cities.
More on ncarol.com
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- StarCom Racing to Honor John Andretti in Darlington 2021 Throwback Race
- Isosceles Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Appoints William D. Humphries as its Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Makes Appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- North Carolina: N.C. Households Can Get Help With Monthly Internet Bills From Federal Program
Stop AAPI Hate, a reporting center that tracks incidents of discrimination against Asian Americans, found that more than 3,200 incidents of AAPI hate were reported in 2020, though the actual number of incidents is believed to be much higher.
National trends show that AAPI women reported incidents of hate 2.3 more times than men, and that most of these incidents occurred in business settings. Governor Cooper and his Administration are committed to ending the harassment and violence toward Asian Americans in our communities.
Federal efforts are currently underway to address hate and xenophobia against the AAPI community, including funding for critical research to help combat further discrimination and steps to promote inclusion in communities.
Read the proclamation.
Latest on ncarol.com
- ndustrial Raises $6 Million in Series A Funding to Accelerate Efficiency and Innovation Across Industrial Businesses
- Publicity For Good Announces First Ever Public Relations Conference for CPG Brands
- UNI Arlington Inc., DBA: UNIAIRE has been awarded a GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract assisted by Mr. Brian Peterson and Government Marketplace LLC
- Enpro Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
- New Institute for Family Reimagines U.S. Child Welfare System
- Sourcing teams explore Bid Ops predictive sourcing AI at SIG Procurement Technology Summit
- Save Up to 60% Off During Lenovo's Memorial Day Sale
- North Carolina: Building Supplier to Add 235 New Jobs in Iredell County
- FitterPaws Pet Products Launches Healthy And Organic Dog Treats
- New Non-Invasive Keloid Treatment using Rhenium-188 now available in South Africa
- Agile City Announces Innovation Grants Competition
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Returns to Roots with Jobomax Rebrand
- UPL Signs a Multi-Year Agreement with the Soil Health Institute to Drive Innovation in Agriculture.
- Makarand Karanjkar joins Wohler as CEO and CTO
- Living Abroad Obtains Prestigious Woman-Owned Business Designation
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Let's Talk Interactive Sees Successful Q1 as a Leading Telehealth Solutions Provider
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Proclaims Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – 7
- Medical leverage, a communications company, Grows Team, Appoints New Creative Director, Platform Implementation Specialist Accelerating Its Growth and Expansion Plans
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album