- QuantumWork's Release of Two New Service Models Sees 300% Increase in Web Site / Portal Traffic
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling
"The brave men and women of the Highway Patrol work tirelessly to protect North Carolina and I'm thankful for their service," Governor Cooper said. "Commander Johnson has a distinguished record of service and I look forward to working with him to keep our state safe."
"I am extremely grateful to Governor Cooper for selecting Johnson as the next Commander," Public Safety Secretary Erik A. Hooks stated. "I'm looking forward to working with Commander Johnson as he will be an integral part of my DPS Leadership Team."
Major Johnson is a native of Fayetteville and graduate of Fayetteville State University. A 1996 Honor Graduate of Highway Patrol Basic School, Johnson began his career as a trooper in Lumberton and has served the majority of his career in Robeson and Cumberland Counties. He was promoted to the rank of captain in 2013 and major on March 1, 2017.
More on ncarol.com
- Andy's Frozen Custard Expands Motorsports Initiative with Multi-Year Texas Motor Speedway Partnership
- hellowater®, the Water That Works™ brand launches hellowater Defense power by CYTO+
- Celebrate Golden Week in Tokyo with 1,000 Colorful Carp Streamers
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Declares April 18 – 24, 2021 National Volunteer Week in NC
- Labcorp to Webcast Its Annual Meeting of Shareholders
"Being chosen to lead such a great organization with such great people is an incredible honor," Commander Johnson said. "I will do all I can to support the men and women of the patrol while continuing to build stronger partnerships with the communities we serve across this great state. Together, we can all make our communities safer places to travel, live and work."
Major Johnson is a 2019 graduate of the FBI National Academy program and 2006 graduate of the Administrative Officer Management Program at NC State. He has been the recipient of the numerous awards, including: 2020 Greater Fayetteville Chamber Award, the Department of Public Safety's Badge of Excellence Award for Outstanding Performance for Planning and Oversight of Patrol Operations during the U.S. Open Golf Championships in Pinehurst; Highway Patrol's Samaritan Award; N.C. Governor Highway Safety Program's 2016 State Law Enforcement Partner of the Year and the North Carolina Association of Fire Chief 's 2016 Fire Officer of the Year.
Johnson is married to his wife of 25 years, Dawn, and has a son, Trey.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Sally Ride Selected as 2021 Paul E Garber Shrine Honoree
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces State Boards and Commissions Appointments
- Wrangler® Unveils Global Sustainability Platform: WeCare Wrangler™
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper announces Grants to Rural Communities to attract 446 New Jobs and more than $32 million in private investment
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- College Consensus Publishes Aggregate Ranking of the Best Historically Black Colleges & Universities for 2021
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- SPX FLOW to Report First Quarter 2021 Results on May 5, 2021
- Bank of America Reports First-Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- Alton Jones Wins MLF General Tire Heavy Hitters Presented by Bass Pro Shops
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- 16th Annual Spring Green Home Tour Will Feature High Performance Homes Throughout the Triangle
- Need for Resilience Amid Pandemic Disruption Powering Digital Supply Chain Investments
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- North Carolina: Plastic Manufacturer to Establish First North American Operation in Gaston County