"Students see the world through fresh eyes. Their creativity can find solutions we may not know we need but soon cannot live without," said Governor Cooper. "The Ready, Set, App! challenge is a way for North Carolina's high schoolers to change the world for the better, and I encourage interested students to find a team and get coding."
Ready, Set, App! is a collaborative effort between Lenovo and the North Carolina Business Committee for Education, a non-profit within the governor's office. . All ninth – twelfth grade public and charter school students are eligible and there is no cost to participate.
More on ncarol.com
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
- October 15 Tariff Increases, Cancelled
- Our Kismet Kitchen: True Kitchen Must-Haves for a Delicious Meal
With more than 27,000 Information Technology jobs currently unfilled in North Carolina, the Ready, Set, App! challenge provides a boost for students to explore the potential of computer science careers. In addition to expanding computer science skills, Ready, Set, App! hones teamwork skills, problem solving, and encourages students to be entrepreneurs.
"Lenovo is committed to creating technology that fosters learning and empowering students and teachers with the skills needed for employment in the digital age," said Lisa Marie Ferrell, Senior Director of Communications, Lenovo. "To encourage student interest in coding, problem solving, and collaboration, we've partnered with the North Carolina Business Committee for Education to create the Ready, Set, App! program and are excited to see the apps that the bright young minds in our state create through this competition."
The competition opened in August and runs until November 1, 2019. For more information, registration and a list of important dates, visit http://readysetapp2020.com/.
Latest on ncarol.com
- IOTech Announces Agreement with Global Industrial Gateway Manufacturer to Market its Edge Xpert IoT Edge Platform
- Team Barlow Strong Partners with Northwestern University to Develop an Adaptive Baseball Pitching Machine
- EUHC4CA Poll: Majority Of Americans Choose To Keep Their Doctors Over Private Insurance
- New Trace One Marketplace Connects Retail Companies to Spark Growth
- PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana Maryland Moving to Urbana Giant Shopping Center
- 1st Defense Self-Storage Sets The Standard For Self-Storage In Corpus Christi
- First Annual $10,000 Clean Tech Award Competition Launched
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Previously Announced Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- American Wild Horses Set On Path To Extinction?
- Off-Site Construction Builder Connecticut Valley Homes Wins Multiple Awards from the National Association of Home Builders
- North Carolina: Gov. Cooper Signs Bills Into Law
- Canadian Technology Startup Program Selects California-based New Frontier Aerospace for its 2019/20 Cohort
- JUST RELEASED...CHRIS JASPER reinvents his ISLEY BROTHERS Classic "For The Love Of You"
- Astor Capital Fund in Rumored Talks to Explore a $5 Billion Bank Merger with Saudi Alinma Bank
- The latest IoT building controller from EasyIO pacts a punch
- Astor Capital Fund in Talks to Carve Out $22M Tech Partnership Venture with Saudi Investors
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Alternate Energy Division Globally
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Meets with Teachers Left Behind by Republican Budget Inaction
- Hillsborough Gallery of Arts Previews Orange County Artists Guild Studio Tour
- Ponos Industries LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc