"Students see the world through fresh eyes. Their creativity can find solutions we may not know we need but soon cannot live without," said Governor Cooper. "The Ready, Set, App! challenge is a way for North Carolina's high schoolers to change the world for the better, and I encourage interested students to find a team and get coding."
Ready, Set, App! is a collaborative effort between Lenovo and the North Carolina Business Committee for Education, a non-profit within the governor's office. . All ninth – twelfth grade public and charter school students are eligible and there is no cost to participate.
More on ncarol.com
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- LendingTree, Inc. to Present at 40th Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- America's Boating Channel Promotes Safe Boating
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
With more than 27,000 Information Technology jobs currently unfilled in North Carolina, the Ready, Set, App! challenge provides a boost for students to explore the potential of computer science careers. In addition to expanding computer science skills, Ready, Set, App! hones teamwork skills, problem solving, and encourages students to be entrepreneurs.
"Lenovo is committed to creating technology that fosters learning and empowering students and teachers with the skills needed for employment in the digital age," said Lisa Marie Ferrell, Senior Director of Communications, Lenovo. "To encourage student interest in coding, problem solving, and collaboration, we've partnered with the North Carolina Business Committee for Education to create the Ready, Set, App! program and are excited to see the apps that the bright young minds in our state create through this competition."
The competition opened in August and runs until November 1, 2019. For more information, registration and a list of important dates, visit http://readysetapp2020.com/.
Latest on ncarol.com
- NATP announces new week-long virtual education event
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Steven England Brings Retirement And Income Radio To North Carolina
- SoftPro® Wins Dual Gold Stevie® Awards in 2020 American Business Awards®
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Continues Conversation with RNC
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Nearly 400 New Jobs in Durham as Multi-Cancer Early Detection Company Chooses New Laboratory Location
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Triad Female Business Owners Describe What It Was Like Opening A Brand New Healthcare Concept Just W
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Lost Helix is the Key to it All
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony