- Three Artists with Interconnected Visions
- Duke Energy offers tips, tools to help customers save energy, money as temperatures rise
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
"This state of emergency will waive some transportation regulations to allow for quicker storm preparation and response and power restoration," said Governor Cooper. "North Carolinians should prepare today for this storm and make sure they have any medications, food and emergency equipment they may need over the next few days."
Providing a separate emergency declaration, documentation and expense tracking are important when seeking federal reimbursement for two different storm events.
While last weekend's storm brought the most significant impacts to western and central counties, this new storm is expected to bring several inches of snowfall from the Triangle northeast toward the coast, and up to a half-inch of ice accumulation to southeastern counties. Widespread power outages begin when about a quarter-inch of ice accumulates on power lines.
More on ncarol.com
- SEE Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Previews Circle K Speed Street at Charlotte Motor Speedway Ahead of the Coca-Cola 600 Race, Highlights State Investments in Racetracks
- New Bill Opens the Door for Lawsuits Against the Government Based on Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune
- North Carolina High School Students win Ready, Set, App! Competition
- Namify gives restaurateurs a chance at effective branding with its Restaurant Name Generator
To prepare for this storm and possible power outages, North Carolina Emergency Management advises people to:
- Get the groceries and essentials you need before Thursday evening. Travel will become hazardous in many parts of eastern North Carolina after that.
- Keep cell phones, mobile devices and spare batteries charged in case your power goes out
- Keep fresh batteries on hand for weather radios and flashlights.
- Dress warmly. Wear multiple layers of thin clothing instead of a single layer of thick clothing.
- Properly vent kerosene heaters and ensure generators are operated outside and away from open windows or doors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Never burn charcoal indoors or use a gas grill indoors.
- Use a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather radio or a weather alert app on your phone to receive emergency weather alerts.
- Store an emergency kit in your vehicle. Include scraper, jumper cables, tow chain, sand/salt, blankets, flashlight, first-aid kit and road map.
- Gather emergency supplies for your pet including leash and feeding supplies, enough food and for several days and pet travel carrier.
- Do not leave pets outside for long periods of time during freezing weather.
Visit ReadyNC.gov for additional information on winter weather preparation, as well as information on power outages. Visit DriveNC.gov for current travel conditions from NCDOT.
More on ncarol.com
- eBookFairs.com Acquires Pen It! Publications, LLC
- Visual System Brain Development Implicated in Infants who Develop Autism
- GoodLoan.io provides update on current mortgage interest rates
- America's Boating Channel Launches "Electronic Visual Distress Signals"
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Releases a Video on Critical Gun Safety Reforms to Protect Our Communities
View the State of Emergency.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Governor Cooper Highlights North Carolina Education Corps at Moore Magnet Elementary School in Forsyth County, Encourages People to Apply to be Tutors
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- North Carolina: Food Manufacturer Selects Gastonia for Southeast Expansion and $42 Million Investment
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- SandStar Announces Appointment of New Managing Director for European Markets
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- 54% OFF! Graduation Season Wigs Surprise Sale!!
- Insurance Website Leader, Forge3, Ltd., Releases All-New Platform Interface, ActiveAgency Dashboard
- Stratum Nutrition® Extends Its Patent Portfolio to Europe and Canada
- St. George's School receives gift of $15 million — largest single donation in its history
- Wells Fargo and Habitat for Humanity to Build 350 Affordable Homes in the U.S.
- Bankers Life Hosts "Alzheimer's Association Awareness Nights" at Greensboro Grasshoppers Home Games
- Blue Point-Backed National OnDemand Expands Bandwidth Through Two Acquisitions
- A Celestial Ram Charging Close To The King Of The Day Of The Dawn: As The Morning Star Rises!
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- Charlotte Art League Awarded a 2022-23 Women's Impact Fund Grant
- Tenax Therapeutics Announces Successful Comparative Pharmacokinetic Study of TNX-201 for the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension