- QuantumWork's Release of Two New Service Models Sees 300% Increase in Web Site / Portal Traffic
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling
"These appointees bring years of legal experience and knowledge to the bench," said Gov. Cooper. "I'm grateful for their willingness to serve the people of our state."
Gov. Cooper made the following appointments:
The Honorable Eula Reid as Superior Court Judge in Judicial District 1, serving Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Pasquotank and Perquimans counties. Judge Reid will fill the vacant seat created by the retirement of the Honorable J.C. Cole. Since 2007, Judge Reid has served as a District Court Judge in Judicial District 1. She previously was an Assistant District Attorney in the District Attorney's Office and an Adjunct Professor at Elizabeth City State University. Judge Reid earned her Bachelor of Arts at Elizabeth City State University and her Juris Doctor at North Carolina Central University School of Law.
Jacqueline Grant as Superior Court Judge in Judicial District 28 serving Buncombe County. Grant will fill the vacant seat created by the retirement of the Honorable Marvin Pope. Grant is a Partner at Roberts & Stevens, P.A. in Asheville. Previously, she served as the President of the North Carolina Bar Association and President of the 28th Judicial District Bar Association. Grant earned her Bachelor of Science at Western Carolina University and her Juris Doctor at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law.
More on ncarol.com
- Andy's Frozen Custard Expands Motorsports Initiative with Multi-Year Texas Motor Speedway Partnership
- hellowater®, the Water That Works™ brand launches hellowater Defense power by CYTO+
- Celebrate Golden Week in Tokyo with 1,000 Colorful Carp Streamers
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Declares April 18 – 24, 2021 National Volunteer Week in NC
- Labcorp to Webcast Its Annual Meeting of Shareholders
Diane Surgeon as District Court Judge in Judicial District 16B serving Robeson County. Surgeon will fill the vacant seat created by the retirement of the Honorable Judith Milsap Daniels. Surgeon is a solo practitioner at Surgeon Law Firm, PLLC and serves as Guardian ad Litem Attorney Advocate. Previously, she was the Assistant Public Defender at Robeson County Public Defender Office and Managing Attorney at Lumbee River Legal Services. Surgeon earned her Bachelor of Arts at Johnson C. Smith University and her Juris Doctor at University of North Carolina School of Law.
Debra L. Massie as District Court Judge to Judicial District 3B serving Carteret, Craven and Pamlico counties. Massie will fill the vacant seat formerly held by the Honorable Clinton Rowe who was elected to the Superior Court bench. Massie is a Partner at Wheatly, Wheatly, Weeks, Lupton & Massie, P.A. Previously, she was a Public Defender at Carteret County Public Defender's Office. Massie earned her Bachelor of Arts at Wake Forest University and her Juris Doctor at Campbell University School of Law.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Sally Ride Selected as 2021 Paul E Garber Shrine Honoree
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces State Boards and Commissions Appointments
- Wrangler® Unveils Global Sustainability Platform: WeCare Wrangler™
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper announces Grants to Rural Communities to attract 446 New Jobs and more than $32 million in private investment
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- College Consensus Publishes Aggregate Ranking of the Best Historically Black Colleges & Universities for 2021
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- SPX FLOW to Report First Quarter 2021 Results on May 5, 2021
- Bank of America Reports First-Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- Alton Jones Wins MLF General Tire Heavy Hitters Presented by Bass Pro Shops
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- 16th Annual Spring Green Home Tour Will Feature High Performance Homes Throughout the Triangle
- Need for Resilience Amid Pandemic Disruption Powering Digital Supply Chain Investments
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- North Carolina: Plastic Manufacturer to Establish First North American Operation in Gaston County