The grants, funded through a $1 million grant from the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, provide up to $50,000 for infrastructure-related capital needs, emergency supplies and equipment to sustain services during emergencies and natural disasters.
"Health providers at all levels are working to ensure they are ready for disasters, and this money strengthens the safety net in counties across the state as they prepare for the next storm," said Governor Cooper.
More on ncarol.com
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
The grant funding will be used for equipment and supplies, as well as other needs such as generators, shelter supplies, storage containers, building repairs, refrigerators, freezers, portable coolers and cots.
ORH has awarded disaster preparedness funding to the following providers:
- Agape Health Services, Washington Angier Medical Services Benson Area Medical Center Black River Family Practice Bladen County Hospital Carteret County Health Department Columbus County Health Department CommWell Health - Angelic House Duplin County Health Department Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Cape Fear Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Dunn Goshen Medical Center, Inc, New River Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Raeford Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Southport Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Whiteville Hoke Hospital Hyde County Health Department Jones County Health Department Lee County Health Department Pender County Health Department Robeson County Health Department Wayne County Health Department Wilson Community Health Center
More on ncarol.com
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- McRae Industries, Inc. Dividend Declared
- North Carolina: Governor Presented with Capitol Christmas Trees and Wreaths
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
Through a competitive application process, 23 grants were awarded to sites in 18 counties, including Beaufort, Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lee, Onslow, Pender, Robeson, Wayne and Wilson. In addition, these sites reported service to Moore, New Hanover, Richmond, Sampson and Scotland counties, for funding reach in 23 of the 34 FEMA-identified counties.
ORH supports safety net health care providers in rural and underserved areas of North Carolina, who offer access to care regardless of a patient's ability to pay. The populations they serve include a substantial share of uninsured, Medicaid and other vulnerable patients. Find out more about ORH at ncdhhs.gov/divisions/orh.
Latest on ncarol.com
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- North Carolina: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturer Merck Expands Again in Wilson County with $57 Million Investment
- Bunk 57 Ministries kicks off "Returning Home Backpack" Program
- Bringing Home More Than Just The Tree: Common Bugs Found In Live Christmas Trees
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector
- Large Independent Multi-Center Clinical Trial with Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Confirms Results in 7 Days
- North Carolina to Receive Additional Federal Funding for Hurricane Florence
- PRNFamily Funky New Year 2020 at Paisley Park Honoring Prince Music Genius and Philanthropy
- North Carolina: Little Leaf Farms Will Create 100 Jobs and Build High-Tech Greenhouse Complex in Yancey County
- Florida Mediator Matthew Graduates Harvard Law School Negotiation Master Class
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- Lab Tests Reveal Majority of Products Contain Less CBD than Advertised
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- Holiday Gift Wrapping Service to Support Local Animal Rescue
- JustCall Ranked 5th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019
- Durante Rentals Appoints Baron Selman as Sales Manager
- Bid Ops Announces Waitlist for Free Sourcing Enablement Platform
- Household Appliance Repairs In Edmonton
- North Carolina: Governor Encourages Residents to Prepare Early for Winter Weather
- AVANTE started to assist New Jersey hotels to meet the nation's first State law to require panic buttons for hotel workers