The grants, funded through a $1 million grant from the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, provide up to $50,000 for infrastructure-related capital needs, emergency supplies and equipment to sustain services during emergencies and natural disasters.
"Health providers at all levels are working to ensure they are ready for disasters, and this money strengthens the safety net in counties across the state as they prepare for the next storm," said Governor Cooper.
More on ncarol.com
- Little Buggy Productions readies, The Girl Who Yearned for her Mother by Nichole Troupe for release
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- North Carolina: Governor Signs Senate Bill 232 into Law
- Drive Up and Grab a Bag of School Supplies
- Just for you… the best summer fun is online now! Outer Banks Squared - The Art Show
The grant funding will be used for equipment and supplies, as well as other needs such as generators, shelter supplies, storage containers, building repairs, refrigerators, freezers, portable coolers and cots.
ORH has awarded disaster preparedness funding to the following providers:
- Agape Health Services, Washington Angier Medical Services Benson Area Medical Center Black River Family Practice Bladen County Hospital Carteret County Health Department Columbus County Health Department CommWell Health - Angelic House Duplin County Health Department Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Cape Fear Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Dunn Goshen Medical Center, Inc, New River Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Raeford Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Southport Goshen Medical Center, Inc, Whiteville Hoke Hospital Hyde County Health Department Jones County Health Department Lee County Health Department Pender County Health Department Robeson County Health Department Wayne County Health Department Wilson Community Health Center
More on ncarol.com
- Carrier Launches Higher-Capacity OptiClean Air Scrubber for Healthy Indoor Air Quality in K-12 Schools
- Lions, Tigers, Bears – And Dogs!
- North Carolina: NC College Students Help Local Governments, Nonprofits with COVID-19 Response
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- The North Carolina Chapter of the ASLA Announces 2020 Landscape Architecture Award Project Winners
Through a competitive application process, 23 grants were awarded to sites in 18 counties, including Beaufort, Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lee, Onslow, Pender, Robeson, Wayne and Wilson. In addition, these sites reported service to Moore, New Hanover, Richmond, Sampson and Scotland counties, for funding reach in 23 of the 34 FEMA-identified counties.
ORH supports safety net health care providers in rural and underserved areas of North Carolina, who offer access to care regardless of a patient's ability to pay. The populations they serve include a substantial share of uninsured, Medicaid and other vulnerable patients. Find out more about ORH at ncdhhs.gov/divisions/orh.
Latest on ncarol.com
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- CooperRiis Launches New Insurance Driven Intensive Clinical Program
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Asheville Tea Company Brews Adventure with Release of New Tea Line
- Trilliant's ISRM System Has Been Certified to the ISO 27001 Standard by DEKRA
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- North Carolina: Governor Vetoes Senate Bill 168
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- North Carolina: Bill Goes into Law