"Our Biohits test kits had already earned FDA's coveted EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) and now this great news from Brazil. Very exciting," says Dr. James Strader, CEO Bio Testing Supplies, the pandemic division of Avrio Genetics. "
Anvisa certification is granted only to companies that have been proven to maintain good manufacturing practices for health products so Biohit's approval by ANVISA means it meets the standards of Brazilian Class III vitro diagnostic products across the board. "It adds up to a blanket approval from the Brazilian government," says Strader.
"In their selection process, Brazil started with products already on the EUA authorization list and went from there, so selecting Biohit as only one of three companies to get the ANVISA é enorme…is huge," says Frederick M. Schaffer M.D., Board certified Immunologist, formerly an Associate Professor at the Medical University of South Carolina.
More on ncarol.com
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- The Fresh Market Named Among Top Five Supermarkets Offering The Best Customer Service
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- Trilliant and Nolin RECC Further Partnership Delivering AMI Connectivity Across Central Kentucky
- Joe Biden Accepted Money from China & Russia It's true
The Sars-Cov-2 Antigen test shows who has or does not have active Covid-19 while Biohit's Sars-CoV-2 IgM/IgG Antibody Test Kit, a rapid laminar flow assay (LFA) that typically delivers results within 15 minutes, identifies those who have already had the virus and have thus acquired antibodies. When evaluated by the FDA, this test was shown to have a very high IgM and IgG sensitivity as well as a very high specificity. "This is important as it shows who may have possible immunity and thus a potential green light to resume their daily life," explains Schaffer
With a population of close to 210 million—Brazil has about 2/3 the number of people in the U.S.—there is a lot of testing to be done. Biohit's ANVISA status will make it possible for these tests to play an important role in combating Covid-19 in this country.
"Fortunately we have several million Biohit test kits in the pipeline ready to be shipped by Bio Testing Supplies, a 'go to' company that also sells other diagnostic testing supplies including personal protective equipment (PPE)," adds Dr. Strader.
For more information and to order the Biohit test kit contact: biotestingsupplies.com
Media contact: [email protected]
SOURCE Bio Testing Supplies
Filed Under: Business
Latest on ncarol.com
- Levitate Partners with Redtail Technology to Bring Keep-in-Touch Marketing Solution to the Finance Industry
- Cree, Inc. to sell LED Business to SMART Global Holdings, Inc. for up to $300 Million
- Charlotte Art Institutions Team to Combat Racism
- Lady Bizness Announces Buy Black Fridays until 2021
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Adam Weisman
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- No Parking On The Dance Floor Launches In Raleigh
- Unique Penthouse Property For Sale by the sea in Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland
- Sex in The Time of Covid
- Italian Cultural Institute Webinar Series: FELLINI FOREVER
- MarketKeep Updates Small Business SEO Industries List
- Union Bank Announces New Director
- Evolve IP Appoints Pete Stevenson as CEO and Randal Thompson as CRO to Drive Next Phase of Growth
- Ally Financial Reports Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results
- Official CMT Artist Ashley Wineland to Release New Single 'Daddy's Creed'
- Ally honors Jimmie Johnson legacy by immortalizing fans with "signature" paint scheme
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Applications Open for New Rent and Utility Assistance Program
- Chefs, cooks and bartenders can now make money through new video network
- Premier Inc. Contracts with HHS on Data-Driven Initiative to Improve U.S. Maternal Health
- CPA Firm DMJ & Co., PLLC Announces Expansion with Roberson CPA Firm, PLLC