"Our COVID-19 decisions are guided by the data and the science," said Cooper. "We will use the time in this phase to keep a careful eye on the data and the indicators before we are ready to announce the start of Phase 2. North Carolinians should continue to stay home if they can and take precautions to keep themselves safe."
"Continued stability in these trends is a real positive for our state. While we remain on a good path for the 14-day trends we need to see to move to Phase 2, our progress as a state is still dependent on our individual actions," said Dr. Cohen. "We need to continue to protect our loved ones and our neighbors. If you leave home, practice three Ws – wear, wait and wash."
Governor Cooper and Secretary Cohen also announced that DHHS now has a list of testing locations on the DHHS website. The list includes more than 200 sample collection sites in 54 counties, with more being added as they are verified. The list is comprised of health care providers, pharmacies and retail locations, local health departments and others that are providing testing for COVID-19. Some of the sites that are federally funded do not cost anything for the individual being tested. Doctors and clinicians may also provide testing at their offices.
More on ncarol.com
- Broc L. Pratt, MD wins Top Plastic Surgeon East, Top Aesthetic Doctor and Top Plastic Surgery Practice in the Aesthetic Everything® 2020 Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine Awards
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Gets a Flu Shot, Urges Others to Do the Same
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Study Reveals Blood-Based Host Response Test Can Accurately Predict Respiratory Viral Infection in Pre-Symptomatic Patients
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
Based on the metrics laid out last month by Governor Cooper and Secretary Cohen, officials need to continue watching the trends before announcing a shift into Phase 2.
Secretary Cohen reported North Carolina remains stable on the following key metrics:
Trajectory in COVID-Like Illness (CLI) Surveillance Over 14 Days
- North Carolina's syndromic surveillance trend for COVID-like illness is decreasing.
Trajectory of Lab-Confirmed Cases Over 14 Days
- North Carolina's trajectory of lab-confirmed cases is slightly increasing.
Trajectory in Percent of Tests Returning Positive Over 14 Days
- North Carolina's trajectory in percent of tests returning positive has been decreasing and is starting to level.
Trajectory in Hospitalizations Over 14 Days
- North Carolina's trajectory of hospitalizations is level.
In addition to these metrics, the state continues building capacity to be able to adequately respond to an increase in virus spread. These areas include:
- North Carolina has doubled the daily testing rate from approximately 2,500-3,000 to more than 6,000
- The Carolina Community Tracing Collaborative has already hired close to 100 new contact tracers adding to the 250 already working at our local health departments.
More on ncarol.com
- Kuester Management Group Reveals Tips for Improving HOA Board Service
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Requests Federal Disaster Declaration to Help Recovery from Hurricane Isaias
- New live video network for students enhances college social life and campus entertainment
- New Fever Detection System Based on CDC Guidelines for a Safe Reopening
Personal Protective Equipment
- Supply chains continue to improve with the exception of gowns.
The Phase 1 executive Order remains in effect until 5 pm on Friday, May 22.
However, the end of this Order does not necessarily mean the state will move to Phase 2. Phase 2 will only start if data and indicators remain stable.
Read a copy of today's graphs and slides.
Latest on ncarol.com
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- Projects to Protect North Carolina Water and Land Awarded $14.6 Million
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- United Sewing Automation Announces Superior Test Results of Their USA- Sourced and NC-Manufactured PPE Surgical Masks
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Wayne Brothers Resurrects 100+ Year Old Charlotte Company
- commercetools to Unveil B2B Commerce Solutions at B2B Next 2020
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Albemarle Corporation to release third quarter 2020 earnings results on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Additional $40 Million COVID Relief for Small Businesses
- BioAgilytix Welcomes Kennon Broadhurst as Vice President of Global Marketing to Its Commercial Leadership Team
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification