Trending...
- Liquidity Aggregation: US-Registered JHKXWL Integrates AI Analytics for Brazilian and Global Institutional Traders
- Own 327 Acres of American Prime Real Estate with 2 Miles Waterfront Worth In Millions for Just $7 — Worldwide Raffle Launched
- Lineus Medical Receives Patent for SafeBreak® Vascular Generation 2
The federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today announced that North Carolina has been allocated $206 million in long-term recovery money through the program known as Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR). North Carolina must wait for a Federal Register to begin the process of accessing the funds.
When the Federal Register governing this funding is published it will direct North Carolina on what kinds of projects are eligible, and the state can start the federally-mandated process to access the funds. This includes developing a State Action Plan and submitting it for public comment and approval by HUD.
"More money for storm recovery is important, but Hurricane Florence hit our state well over a year ago and we still can't access money from HUD for survivors of that storm," said Governor Roy Cooper. "It's clear that we need Washington to make reforms to the way theses funds are distributed so that we can help people faster."
More on ncarol.com
Initial recovery funding for Hurricane Florence was passed by Congress in October 2018. North Carolina is scheduled to receive $336.5 million in CDBG-DR funding from that bill, but the state still does not have access to that money. Today's announcement of funding comes in addition to that money.
Earlier this year, Governor Cooper wrote an op-ed laying out critical reforms that are needed for the CDBG-DR program to make the program more efficient. To read that op-ed click HERE. Since then, the U.S. House of Representatives passed HR 3702 that would implement some of Cooper's suggested reforms.
In the last three years, North Carolina has spent more than $3.2 billion in state and federal money to recover from Hurricanes Matthew, Florence and Dorian.
When the Federal Register governing this funding is published it will direct North Carolina on what kinds of projects are eligible, and the state can start the federally-mandated process to access the funds. This includes developing a State Action Plan and submitting it for public comment and approval by HUD.
"More money for storm recovery is important, but Hurricane Florence hit our state well over a year ago and we still can't access money from HUD for survivors of that storm," said Governor Roy Cooper. "It's clear that we need Washington to make reforms to the way theses funds are distributed so that we can help people faster."
More on ncarol.com
- Liquidity Aggregation: US-Registered JHKXWL Integrates AI Analytics for Brazilian and Global Institutional Traders
- Q4 2025 Outlook: JGCMGS Unveils High-Frequency Infrastructure for Italian and Global Markets
- UK Financial Ltd Announces Full Ecosystem To Erc-3643 "SEC-Ready" Tokens For All UK Financial Ltd Tokenized Projects
- Pushing the Wave Series Launches Premium Hardback Editions of 2017–2022 and 2023 Volumes
- ZEELOOL 2025 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Big Deals
Initial recovery funding for Hurricane Florence was passed by Congress in October 2018. North Carolina is scheduled to receive $336.5 million in CDBG-DR funding from that bill, but the state still does not have access to that money. Today's announcement of funding comes in addition to that money.
Earlier this year, Governor Cooper wrote an op-ed laying out critical reforms that are needed for the CDBG-DR program to make the program more efficient. To read that op-ed click HERE. Since then, the U.S. House of Representatives passed HR 3702 that would implement some of Cooper's suggested reforms.
In the last three years, North Carolina has spent more than $3.2 billion in state and federal money to recover from Hurricanes Matthew, Florence and Dorian.
0 Comments
Latest on ncarol.com
- NATCO Awarded U.S. Patent for Persimonal® – Breakthrough Innovation in Preparing Persimmon Leaf Extract
- Little Wheels Adds Parent Recording to Vehicle Tales, Turning Bedtime Stories into Family Keepsakes
- Rio Bela Cosmetics Launches Inclusive Line of Organic Skincare Products
- The 7 Visibility Problems Costing Independent Hotels Thousands Every Month
- Jackson Hewitt New Management Event
- Viola's Babygirl's, LLC Proudly Announces Teri Tobin's Soulful New Christmas EP "Home For The Holidays"
- Stoxtel Introduces High-Throughput "Matrix" Engine to Address Mexico's Crypto Trading Volatility
- UK Financial Ltd Sets Listing Date With Catex Exchange For The Listing Of Mayacat The World's First Ever Gold Backed ERC 3643 "SEC Ready" Token
- Cyntexa Announces Updates to ChargeOn on Salesforce AppExchange
- Althea Gibson Honored as Final Release in U.S. Mint's American Women Quarters Program
- Lokal Media House Achieves Yelp Platinum Partner Status
- World's First AI-Native Industrial Facility is Under Construction by Carbon AMS with rhobot.ai
- $57 Billion U.S. Marine Industry Presents Major Growth Opportunity for Newly Public Off The Hook Yacht Sales, Inc. (N Y S E: OTH)
- Dr. Alexander Eastman Returns to Suburban Hospital to Deliver Keynote on Crisis Leadership
- Scoop Social Co.'s Mobile Dessert Truck Business Offer A Lifestyle Of Flavor, Fun, and Freedom
- Own 327 Acres of American Prime Real Estate with 2 Miles Waterfront Worth In Millions for Just $7 — Worldwide Raffle Launched
- Lakefront Acreage in Longwood's Ravensbrook Community Hits the Market
- Monika Balayan Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Elevate Sales Kick Off Announces National Event for Property Management Growth in 2026
- Federal Lawsuit Claims Raleigh DA Lorrin Freeman and Police Chief Rico Boyce Concealed Evidence