- Three Artists with Interconnected Visions
- Duke Energy offers tips, tools to help customers save energy, money as temperatures rise
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
North Carolinians will celebrate School Choice Week with 838 events and activities across the state. The activities have been independently planned by parents, teachers, and other community members and include school rallies, online contests, at-home celebrations, and more. These events seek to inspire conversation about the educational choices parents want for their children, and encourage families to play an active role in their children's education.
Across the country, more than half (52 percent) of American families say they are considering or have considered choosing a new or different school in the last year. More than 26,000 events have been independently planned for the Week nationwide to share information and support families as they school search. Schools of every type – traditional public, public magnet, public charter, private, online, and homeschool – will join in the celebration.
More on ncarol.com
- SEE Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Previews Circle K Speed Street at Charlotte Motor Speedway Ahead of the Coca-Cola 600 Race, Highlights State Investments in Racetracks
- New Bill Opens the Door for Lawsuits Against the Government Based on Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune
- North Carolina High School Students win Ready, Set, App! Competition
- Namify gives restaurateurs a chance at effective branding with its Restaurant Name Generator
"We are excited that North Carolina families are speaking up for school choice and we're grateful to Gov. Cooper for issuing this proclamation," said Andrew Campanella, president of National School Choice Week. "As parents and educators know well, each child is unique. Having an array of educational options gives parents the freedom to choose what helps their children succeed. We hope the Week is an opportunity for North Carolina parents, and all parents, to learn more about their school options."
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective K-12 education options for children. As a not-for-profit effort, the Week focuses equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. Every January, participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities –– such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases –– to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children. The effort is nonpolitical and nonpartisan and does not advocate for legislation.
For more information, visit schoolchoiceweek.com/north-carolina.
SOURCE National School Choice Week
Filed Under: Business
Latest on ncarol.com
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals to Participate in the Jefferies Healthcare Conference on Friday, June 10, 2022 at 10:30 a.m. ET
- Rising to the Challenge of the Human Experience
- Multi-Billion Dollar Wellness Industry is Fatally Flawed and You're Paying the Price: Here's What You Need to Know
- Up and coming POP / R&B Girl Group Releases New Music Video
- Industrial IoT edge is now creating savings and opening the door to new revenue sources for enterprises
- Black Bourbon Society Partners With Jim Beam® for the 2nd Annual Open Door Tour
- IDpack in the Cloud, the official service provider for the 2022 Memorial Cup presented by Kia
- ASI Launches iMIS.com Product Website, Expands Resources for Associations & Non-Profits
- North Carolina Author David Dean Releases Suspense Thriller OBX in Paperback on IngramSpark
- TARGAN Secures $35M Series C Financing Led by Mountain Group Partners and NovaQuest Capital Management to Commercialize Novel Vaccine Delivery System for Poultry Industry
- Suzahdi on eBay Australia in Warm Winter Leather 2022
- Coinpayz Review Crypto What Cryptocurrency
- Stratum Nutrition® Announces Market Ready Dairy Free BLIS K12® and BLIS M18®
- MC Residential LLC Names Greg Flatt Regional Vice President
- ENERGY33 is awarded an Engineering & Construction Management Contract in Honduras
- Governor Cooper Highlights North Carolina Education Corps at Moore Magnet Elementary School in Forsyth County, Encourages People to Apply to be Tutors
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- North Carolina: Food Manufacturer Selects Gastonia for Southeast Expansion and $42 Million Investment
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer