Additionally, it provides for ways for Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices to enact social distancing protections, and waives some registration requirements to ensure resources can be delivered by truck throughout the state.
"Doctors, nurses, first responders and other critical personnel need to know their children are safe so they can continue to respond during this time of crisis," said Governor Cooper. "And we're loosening trucking requirements so important medicine and equipment can get quickly to the the people in all 100 counties that need it."
The Order provides for the following provisions:
- Improve access to safe, flexible child care for first responders, emergency personnel, food preparers and others; Transfer authority to local health departments to be more flexible with mandates during the crisis, so they can prioritize the most needed services; Lifts some restrictions so that volunteers and other caregivers may care for children and elders during the crisis.
More on ncarol.com
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- LendingTree, Inc. to Present at 40th Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- America's Boating Channel Promotes Safe Boating
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
The transportation waiver includes provisions to:
- Allow DMV offices to ensure appropriate social distancing including requiring appointments and making sure offices have enough space for DMV customers; Postpone DMV hearings that can reasonably be delayed during the crisis response; Offers clarity around regulations so that critical supplies can get where they are needed throughout the state; Waive Commercial Driver's License requirements to ensure school buses can be utilized in responding to the crisis.
The North Carolina Council of State concurred with the order Friday. The full order is available here.
Make sure the information you are getting about COVID-19 is coming directly from reliable sources like the CDC and NCDHHS.
More on ncarol.com
- Lenoir NC Company Files US Patent Application for "Voice-Activated Talk-Through Safety Mask Appliance and Method" dubbed, "VATTSMA™"
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies
- Author Reid Ashbaucher Develops New PowerPoint® Aid for Educational Use to Teach Eschatology from a Dispensational Theology Perspective
- DemandDynamics launches On Demand Services to support Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers
- SiliconExpert Celebrates 20th Anniversary with Launch of new SaaS Platform and Services for Parts, Bill-of-Materials, and Supply Chain Management
For more information, please visit the CDC's website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and NCDHHS' website at www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus, which includes daily updates on positive COVID-19 test results in North Carolina.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Lost Helix is the Key to it All
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- Wood Partners Announces Pre-Leasing of Alta Purl in Charlotte
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- North Carolina to Observe Day of Mourning to Honor People who Passed from COVID-19
- Screen printer pairs with local Reverend for benefit T's
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Extends Moratorium on Utility Cut Offs and Implements Evictions Moratorium
- 7 Last Words T-shirt to support Equal Justice Initiative
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis