- CEO of Crandells Enterprises— Mary Ann Crandell— to Receive 2022 Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award From the Congressional Black Caucus
- Bradford White demonstrates industry support with PHCCCONNECT2022 partnership
- Arch MI Secures Over $358 Million of Indemnity Reinsurance through Bellemeade Re Insurance-Linked Note Transaction and Related Reinsurance
"The potential for reliable, affordable offshore wind energy in North Carolina that grows our economy and benefits our environment has never been stronger," Governor Cooper said. "The economy is rapidly embracing clean energy and seeing the wind turbines up close underscores how investing in this exciting industry will bring tremendous opportunities to combat climate change, power homes and businesses, and put money in the pockets of North Carolina families."
"Dominion Energy is at the forefront of offshore wind development in the United States. Our experiences with the Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind pilot project will help make commercial scale offshore wind a reality in the Mid-Atlantic, to the benefit of our Virginia and North Carolina customers," said Robert M. Blue, Dominion Energy Chair, President and CEO. "Developing this burgeoning industry will create new jobs and economic benefits, while lowering fuel costs for our customers and diversifying our energy supply."
North Carolina continues to support offshore wind as an opportunity for economic growth and to further the state's transition toward a clean energy future. In June 2021, Gov. Cooper signed Executive Order No. 218, establishing North Carolina's offshore wind development goals of 2.8 gigawatts off the North Carolina coast by 2030 and 8.0 GW by 2040. The order also established the NC TOWERS taskforce.
More on ncarol.com
- Rock and Roll Beauty Launches Iconic Makeup Collection with Ozzy Osbourne
- PearlFection Dentistry Welcomes 2nd Endodontist, Dr. Frederick Canby, DDS, MS
- MTV Premieres International Superstar Big Hookz New Video, "Break You Down" Featuring Gyptian,Tzy Panchak and Remo
- New Book Equips Teens from Low-Income Environments to Find Purpose and Overcome Fears about Their Future
- Amwins Receives Highest Score from AM Best DUAE Performance Assessment
The third NC TOWERS meeting was held today for community members and stakeholders to advise on programs and policies for developing offshore wind energy projects, foster industry relationships throughout the offshore wind supply chain and advance opportunities for equitable access to the economic benefits created by the offshore wind industry.
In June 2022, NC TOWERS released a report highlighting its work and identifying goals for the taskforce in the 2022-2023 year. The taskforce has established four subcommittees to focus on Economic Opportunity and Business Development, Workforce, Education, and Training Opportunity Development, Infrastructure, Environmental Justice, and Inclusion, and Outreach and Engagement.
Governor Cooper issued Executive Order No. 246 in January 2022 to establish next steps in the state's plan to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and reaffirm North Carolina's commitment to a clean energy economy. The order updated North Carolina's economy-wide carbon reduction emissions goals, increasing the statewide goal to a 50% reduction from 2005 levels by 2030 and achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible, no later than 2050.
More on ncarol.com
- Non-profit organization, Santhigram Foundation
- America's Boating Channel Will Showcase ACA Videos in New Smart TV Offerings
- The Identity Defined Security Alliance (IDSA) Equips Organizations with Free Identity Security Resources During National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Ingersoll Rand Expands Technology into Sustainable Hydroponically-Based Agriculture with Acquisition of Dosatron International
- Global Call To Honor Josephine Baker With An Oscar
In October 2020, Governor Cooper joined the Governors of Virginia and Maryland to sign the SMART-POWER MOU to advance offshore wind development and economic opportunities for the region.
Read more about NC TOWERS here.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Guerrilla RF Delivers Adobe ColdFusion Summit Keynote October 3
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- North Carolina: State Budget Director Charlie Perusse Awarded Prestigious Gloria Timmer Award
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Wireless Earbuds for Use with Two Devices (SFO-820)
- Remodelers Outstanding Construction Winners Announced
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- Remicade's challenging dosing reduces its impact as an ideal ulcerative colitis drug
- Behind the Scenes of "Digital Charts and Virtual ATONS"
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- GK and Comdata Join Forces To Offer the Premier Point-of-Sale for Fuel and Convenience
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Issues State of Emergency in Advance of Severe Weather
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- PCI Pal partners with Virgin Atlantic to secure its international omnichannel payments
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Annual Chubb Charity Challenge Raises Nearly $1 Million for North American Charities
- Save Up to 60% Off Lenovo Computers During Semi-Annual Sale
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage