- North Carolina: Governor Offers Reward for Information on Hoke County Murder
- Broadway Musical Fela! Makes Audio Adaptation Debut Featuring A Global Cast Of Performers
- Syxsense Further Enhances support for MSP, MSSP and Large Enterprise with White Label Branding
"We are excited to welcome Gusmer Enterprises to our state," said Governor Cooper. "When growing manufacturers choose North Carolina, it highlights the company's confidence in our state's workforce and resilient economy."
Gusmer Enterprises is a leading supplier of fermentation, filtration and processing aids and equipment for the beverage, food and pharmaceutical industries worldwide. A family-owned company for almost 100 years, Gusmer's filtration and fermentations products are used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications. The 135,000-square foot GMP manufacturing facility in Hickory will be Gusmer's third plant and will support the production of filtering devices for liquids including COVID-19 treatments.
"After a nationwide search to identify the best fit location, the Gusmer family is pleased to partner with the State of North Carolina for our latest GMP manufacturing facility," said Marla Gusmer Jeffrey, President of Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. "Hickory and Catawba County provide access to a skilled workforce, competitive cost structure, and a real estate solution that met our aggressive timeline and workforce needs. As an almost century-old company, the Gusmer family is proud of our long-term collaborative partnerships that we continue to grow and develop with all our employees, customers, and suppliers. We look forward to developing another long-standing relationship with our newest investment in the State of North Carolina."
More on ncarol.com
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- StarCom Racing to Honor John Andretti in Darlington 2021 Throwback Race
- Isosceles Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Appoints William D. Humphries as its Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Makes Appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- North Carolina: N.C. Households Can Get Help With Monthly Internet Bills From Federal Program
"North Carolina has the largest manufacturing workforce in Southeast and the sixth largest manufacturing economy in the nation," said Commerce Secretary Machelle Baker Sanders. "We have the highly-skilled talent, strong supply chain and exceptional quality of life to support Gusmer Enterprises' next phase of growth."
The North Carolina Department of Commerce led a team of partners in supporting Gusmer's decision to establish a manufacturing plant in North Carolina. The new positions include engineers, mechanics, packagers, production staff, quality control, warehouse supervisors and administrative support. The average annual salary for all new positions is $44,000 creating a potential payroll impact of more than $3.2 million per year. Catawba County's overall average annual wage is $43,290.
A performance-based grant of $300,000 from the One North Carolina Fund will help facilitate Gusmer's expansion to North Carolina. The One NC Fund provides financial assistance to local governments to help attract economic investment and to create jobs. Companies receive no money upfront and must meet job creation and capital investment targets to qualify for payment. All One NC grants require matching participation from local governments and any award is contingent upon that condition being met.
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Chicken Coop Company to Invest $2 Million in Butner
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
- First Florida Integrity Bank partners with ATM USA for ATM outsourcing
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
Joining the North Carolina Department of Commerce and the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina were key partners in the project that included the North Carolina General Assembly, the North Carolina Community College System, Catawba Valley Community College, Catawba County, Catawba County Economic Development Corporation, the City of Hickory, Piedmont Natural Gas and Duke Energy.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Let's Talk Interactive Sees Successful Q1 as a Leading Telehealth Solutions Provider
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Proclaims Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – 7
- Medical leverage, a communications company, Grows Team, Appoints New Creative Director, Platform Implementation Specialist Accelerating Its Growth and Expansion Plans
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- Del Webb Unveils New Consumer Inspired Home Designs at Carolina Gardens
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- North Carolina: Governor Declares Correctional Officers and Correctional Employees Week
- Governor Cooper Appoints Former Western District U.S. Attorney Murray as District Attorney in Western North Carolina
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series
- Labcorp to Acquire Myriad Autoimmune's Vectra Testing Business From Myriad Genetics
- Screening Eagle joins the Elite Accreditation@SGD Program by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- PIANO SLAM 13 - The Movie! Urban/Classical concert co-presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center & Dranoff 2 Piano with Emmy Award Director Taima Hervas
- Share The Mic in Cyber Campaign Raises over $70k in Grant Funding for Cybersecurity Experts, Prepares for CYBERBASE Network in 2022