"It is imperative that the Congress come together to provide North Carolina and the nation with a robust, flexible revenue replacement package that will see our state and nation through the recession created by this international public health crisis," Governor Cooper wrote in the letter. "Thank you and your offices for your ongoing partnership as our state continues to fight the COVID-19 pandemic."
Governor Cooper urged the delegation to include funding support for business of all sizes and their workers, schools and critical public workers as well as local governments. Specifically, he requested additional Medicaid funding, a state fiscal stabilization fund, a waiver of federal cost sharing provisions, and support for local governments, including education and childcare funds. Support for states and public entities will be crucial as they confront the economic fallout of this public health crisis.
More on ncarol.com
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- LendingTree, Inc. to Present at 40th Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- America's Boating Channel Promotes Safe Boating
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
The full letter is available HERE [click.icptrack.com].
Make sure the information you are getting about COVID-19 is coming directly from reliable sources like the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS).
For more information, please visit the CDC's website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and NCDHHS' website at www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus, which includes daily updates on positive COVID-19 test results in North Carolina.
Latest on ncarol.com
- NATP announces new week-long virtual education event
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Steven England Brings Retirement And Income Radio To North Carolina
- SoftPro® Wins Dual Gold Stevie® Awards in 2020 American Business Awards®
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Continues Conversation with RNC
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Nearly 400 New Jobs in Durham as Multi-Cancer Early Detection Company Chooses New Laboratory Location
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Triad Female Business Owners Describe What It Was Like Opening A Brand New Healthcare Concept Just W
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Lost Helix is the Key to it All
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony