In March of this year, Bowling Green State University became the first university in Ohio to offer robot food delivery service to students through a partnership with Chartwells Higher Education, BGSU's foodservice provider, and Starship Technologies. The fleet of 30 autonomous, on-demand robots was made available to over 20,000 students, faculty and staff for meal delivery anywhere on campus within minutes.
"When we partnered with BGSU to launch robot delivery in March, we knew they would be a popular edition to campus and are thrilled to see the positive impact it has made on the local community," said Lisa McEuen, CEO of Chartwells Higher Education. "With safety and social distancing top-of-mind during the pandemic, this service has become invaluable to serving students, faculty, staff and the Bowling Green community at large, and we are honored to accept Food Management's recognition of that impact."
More on ncarol.com
- Broc L. Pratt, MD wins Top Plastic Surgeon East, Top Aesthetic Doctor and Top Plastic Surgery Practice in the Aesthetic Everything® 2020 Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine Awards
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Gets a Flu Shot, Urges Others to Do the Same
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Study Reveals Blood-Based Host Response Test Can Accurately Predict Respiratory Viral Infection in Pre-Symptomatic Patients
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
By April, the robot delivery's fleet and service expanded to parts of the city of Bowling Green to support those in the community impacted by COVID-19. Part of their first expanded delivery included special stops to the Bowling Green fire and police departments to deliver donuts as a "thank you" for their tireless work during the pandemic.
"It's an incredible privilege to have technologies like robot delivery at our disposal that allow us to help our students and local community, especially now more than ever," said Michael Paulus, director of BGSU Dining. "We don't do it for awards, but we're thrilled that Food Management recognizes how we're leveraging autonomous deliveries to better serve our communities."
Since 1998, Food Management's annual Best Concept awards program has recognized and celebrated the best practices and most innovative thinking in onsite foodservice. Each year, editors evaluate best-in-class nominations on a variety of factors like creativity, impact, and effectiveness. Chartwells Higher Education and Bowling Green State University and other Best Concept winners will be recognized in Food Management's September/October issue.
For more information about Chartwells Higher Education please visit www.ChartwellsHigherEd.com.
More on ncarol.com
- Kuester Management Group Reveals Tips for Improving HOA Board Service
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Requests Federal Disaster Declaration to Help Recovery from Hurricane Isaias
- New live video network for students enhances college social life and campus entertainment
- New Fever Detection System Based on CDC Guidelines for a Safe Reopening
About Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services
Chartwells is the recognized leader in contract foodservice management, hospitality and award-winning guest service within 300 college and university dining environments throughout academic institutions across the U.S. Chartwells' nutritious cuisine not only satisfies the unique appetites, lifestyles and dietary needs of every guest dining on campus, but it also brings people together to promote the high-intensity relationships that will prepare students for the future. For more information, visit www.ChartwellsHigherEd.com, www.ChartwellsMonthly.com, www.DineonCampus.com.
Contact: Meredith Rosenberg, (914) 935-5326
SOURCE Chartwells Higher Education
Filed Under: Business
Latest on ncarol.com
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- Projects to Protect North Carolina Water and Land Awarded $14.6 Million
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- United Sewing Automation Announces Superior Test Results of Their USA- Sourced and NC-Manufactured PPE Surgical Masks
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Wayne Brothers Resurrects 100+ Year Old Charlotte Company
- commercetools to Unveil B2B Commerce Solutions at B2B Next 2020
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Albemarle Corporation to release third quarter 2020 earnings results on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Additional $40 Million COVID Relief for Small Businesses
- BioAgilytix Welcomes Kennon Broadhurst as Vice President of Global Marketing to Its Commercial Leadership Team
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification