Last week, 51 House Democrats sent a letter to Speaker Tim Moore and Senate Leader Phil Berger to make it clear that they would not vote to override the Governor's veto, leaving Republicans short of the votes they would need. And what did Republican leadership do? They've doubled down on their obstruction, with the Speaker's spokesman saying today "the speaker will hold the veto override when the votes are secured."
More on ncarol.com
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
Where is the Republican counteroffer and when will Republican legislative leaders drop their veto override attempts and actually negotiate?
Governor Cooper's compromise offer can be found HERE. It would close the health care coverage gap, raise teacher pay, cut taxes for people and guarantee school construction while balancing the budget and saving money in the Rainy Day Fund.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- North Carolina: Last Week for Open Enrollment for Federal Health Care Marketplace
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- DonnaInk Publications features Black Friday to New Year's Light Sale
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Providing Hope for Children and Families Across North Carolina - Children's Home Society of NC's Annual Little Red Stocking Fund
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- North Carolina: Greek Battery Manufacturer to Invest $6.5 Million in Guilford County for their First North American Operation
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- North Carolina: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturer Merck Expands Again in Wilson County with $57 Million Investment
- Bunk 57 Ministries kicks off "Returning Home Backpack" Program
- Bringing Home More Than Just The Tree: Common Bugs Found In Live Christmas Trees
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector