"Open enrollment is the chance to see what health insurance choices you have and find out which plan is best for you and your family. I encourage all North Carolinians to take time during this busy holiday season to sign up or see what you are eligible for before the December 15 deadline," said Governor Cooper.
The federal Marketplace helps people find health coverage that meets their needs and fits their budget. At HealthCare.gov, North Carolinians can compare plans based on price, benefits and other features. Importantly, coverage cannot be denied because of pre-existing or chronic conditions like cancer or diabetes.
More on ncarol.com
- Charlotte: Let's Talk Politics!
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces 201 New Jobs as Furniture Manufacturer Chooses Guilford County
- North Carolina: NC Rural Educators Get Support for Remote Learning
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Bow Tie Brand Releases 3 New Items Dedicated To Frontline Workers
"Health insurance provides access to high-quality medical care that improves and protects people's lives," said Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mandy K. Cohen. "I encourage people without health insurance to go to the federal Marketplace by December 15th to see if there is a plan that is a good fit for them and their families."
Health care through the federal Marketplace lets North Carolinians go to a doctor for regular check-ups and sick visits. Every health plan in the federal Marketplace offers essential health benefits, including doctor visits, preventive care, hospitalization, prescriptions and more.
Enrollment for the federal Marketplace ends Sunday, Dec. 15. Those who had coverage for 2019 through HealthCare.gov, should log in to their Marketplace account as soon as possible to review their options for 2020.
More on ncarol.com
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge
- Dan and Tina Coughlin Expand Home Helpers Comprehensive Care Program to the Crystal Coast
- State of North Carolina Has Distributed 3.5 Million Cloth Face Coverings, 4.5 Million Procedure Masks and Additional PPE Supplies Across the State
- Clark Townhomes Ready for Occupancy
Factsheets on the Marketplace are available in English and Spanish. North Carolinians seeking free, in-person assistance with enrollment can also visit the NC Navigator Consortium to find a local application assister or call the toll-free NC Navigator Helpline at 1-855-733-3711.
Latest on ncarol.com
- North Carolina Begins Cleanup After Hurricane Isaias Tears Through the State
- United Sewing Automation Opens American Made Facemask Manufacturing Facility in North Carolina
- Virtual Play in Pre-Production on The Story Of First Civil Rights Martyrs Harry T. & Harriette Moore
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- Southern Pines Police K9s Receive Donation Of Body Armor And Heat Monitoring Systems
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Exclusive Series Screening: Toni Thai Has Us Step Into The Girl's Room with "Potty Break"
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces NC Department of Information Technology Acting Secretary
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- NACCE and Bridge for Billions Team Up to Offer "The Leap" to Community College Entrepreneurs Across the Nation
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
- Legacy Park Sports Launches GoDog GameStream To Live Stream Baseball and Softball Tournaments
- Trilliant Attains Level One Engagement Certificate in ECORESPONSIBLE™ Certification
- Onlive Server Launched UK VPS Server Hosting Service with Hypervisor KVM Cloud Panel and SSD Storage
- Alpega Partners with project44 to Deliver Advanced Visibility in North America and Europe
- North Carolina: Subject:Governor Cooper Announces NC Department of Information Technology Acting Secretary
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge