This week, House Democratic Leader Darren Jackson joined 50 other House Democrats in a letter to Representative Moore and Senator Berger affirming their opposition to the GOP budget and urging Republicans to join Governor Cooper at the negotiating table. From their letter:
We are committed to sustaining Governor Roy Cooper's veto of the State Budget. The votes are not there to override and staying in session for weeks waiting for Democrats to miss votes because of illness or family and work obligations ins a waste of taxpayer dollars and disrespectful to the voters who elected Governor Cooper and this more balanced General Assembly.
Our hope is that you will reconsider and join Governor Cooper and our leadership at the negotiating table. As written, the State Budget does not do enough to help our public schools or all public employees and it does nothing to close the health care coverage gap.
More on ncarol.com
- Industrial circular screen for processing ash
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Asheville Tea Company Releases 2019 Fall Seasonals
Read House Democrats letter HERE.
It is abundantly clear that the GOP budget does not have the support necessary to become law. The Governor and Democratic leaders made a specific compromise offer and are ready to negotiate with every issue on the table.
Where is the Republican Counteroffer?
Governor Cooper's compromise offer can be found HERE. It would close the health care coverage gap, raise teacher pay, cut taxes for people and guarantee school construction while balancing the budget and saving money in the Rainy Day Fund.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- Geo Owl Makes the 2019 Inc. 5000 List
- Destiny Carries & LFG Wins Praise for Offering First-Class Destiny Carries and boosting for all Destiny Players
- Evolve IP® Named For Seventh Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
- 37 Days of GOP Stalling is Costing North Carolina
- Transcend Security Secures High Rank On Acclaimed Inc. 5000 List Of The Fastest Growing Private Companies In America for 2019
- Automation Intellect Raises Funding Round Led by StartFast
- California Advertising Company Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Conspire Web Services reduces cloud backup costs by up to 25x
- The Most Extensive Study Of Its Kind On Family Office Real Estate Investing Is Released
- North Carolina: 36 Days and Counting: "It is now time for the Republican leadership to come to the table with their counter-proposals"
- Wish You Could Give Back More? So Does Scottsdale Based Real Estate Management Company MC Residential LLC
- North Carolina: Gov. Cooper Appoints Two New District Court Judges
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces 600 New Jobs as Xerox Selects Wake County for a New Center of Excellence
- Software Testing Innovator Elevon Announces Launch of the Spotter Platform