This week, House Democratic Leader Darren Jackson joined 50 other House Democrats in a letter to Representative Moore and Senator Berger affirming their opposition to the GOP budget and urging Republicans to join Governor Cooper at the negotiating table. From their letter:
We are committed to sustaining Governor Roy Cooper's veto of the State Budget. The votes are not there to override and staying in session for weeks waiting for Democrats to miss votes because of illness or family and work obligations ins a waste of taxpayer dollars and disrespectful to the voters who elected Governor Cooper and this more balanced General Assembly.
Our hope is that you will reconsider and join Governor Cooper and our leadership at the negotiating table. As written, the State Budget does not do enough to help our public schools or all public employees and it does nothing to close the health care coverage gap.
More on ncarol.com
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
Read House Democrats letter HERE.
It is abundantly clear that the GOP budget does not have the support necessary to become law. The Governor and Democratic leaders made a specific compromise offer and are ready to negotiate with every issue on the table.
Where is the Republican Counteroffer?
Governor Cooper's compromise offer can be found HERE. It would close the health care coverage gap, raise teacher pay, cut taxes for people and guarantee school construction while balancing the budget and saving money in the Rainy Day Fund.
Latest on ncarol.com
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- North Carolina: Last Week for Open Enrollment for Federal Health Care Marketplace
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- DonnaInk Publications features Black Friday to New Year's Light Sale
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Providing Hope for Children and Families Across North Carolina - Children's Home Society of NC's Annual Little Red Stocking Fund
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- North Carolina: Greek Battery Manufacturer to Invest $6.5 Million in Guilford County for their First North American Operation
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- North Carolina: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturer Merck Expands Again in Wilson County with $57 Million Investment
- Bunk 57 Ministries kicks off "Returning Home Backpack" Program
- Bringing Home More Than Just The Tree: Common Bugs Found In Live Christmas Trees
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector
- Large Independent Multi-Center Clinical Trial with Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Confirms Results in 7 Days