"It's important that we help North Carolinians stay protected from the health impacts of COVID-19 and recover economically from the financial impacts this crisis is having on our state," Cooper said.
In requesting the major disaster declaration, Governor Cooper asked the federal government to provide individual assistance for those affected, including crisis counseling, disaster unemployment assistance and Small Business Administration assistance, among other programs.
Governor Cooper issued a state of emergency for North Carolina to respond to the Coronavirus COVID-19 crisis on March 10. President Trump followed by declaring a national emergency on March 13, opening Public Assistance for North Carolina, which reimburses government offices and non-profits for actions that protect public health and safety. Eligible counties and communities may qualify for financial reimbursements for the cost of taking prudent actions to reduce the impacts of COVID-19, while also protecting lives and public health.
More on ncarol.com
- Alpine Air Products — Your One-Stop-Shop For All Your Indoor Air Purification Needs
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- ChannelAdvisor Announces New Consumer Survey Results
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
California, New York and Washington have already received major disaster declarations for COVID-19. To read the Governor's request click HERE.
Latest on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Governor Roy Cooper Comment on Possible Drilling Moratorium
- Professional Background Screening Association Announces 2020-21 Board and Council Leadership
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- Projects to Protect North Carolina Water and Land Awarded $14.6 Million
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- United Sewing Automation Announces Superior Test Results of Their USA- Sourced and NC-Manufactured PPE Surgical Masks
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Wayne Brothers Resurrects 100+ Year Old Charlotte Company
- commercetools to Unveil B2B Commerce Solutions at B2B Next 2020
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Albemarle Corporation to release third quarter 2020 earnings results on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2020
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces Additional $40 Million COVID Relief for Small Businesses