"It's important that we help North Carolinians stay protected from the health impacts of COVID-19 and recover economically from the financial impacts this crisis is having on our state," Cooper said.
In requesting the major disaster declaration, Governor Cooper asked the federal government to provide individual assistance for those affected, including crisis counseling, disaster unemployment assistance and Small Business Administration assistance, among other programs.
Governor Cooper issued a state of emergency for North Carolina to respond to the Coronavirus COVID-19 crisis on March 10. President Trump followed by declaring a national emergency on March 13, opening Public Assistance for North Carolina, which reimburses government offices and non-profits for actions that protect public health and safety. Eligible counties and communities may qualify for financial reimbursements for the cost of taking prudent actions to reduce the impacts of COVID-19, while also protecting lives and public health.
More on ncarol.com
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Local Dentist Goes Above & Beyond During COVID-19 Crisis
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
California, New York and Washington have already received major disaster declarations for COVID-19. To read the Governor's request click HERE.
Latest on ncarol.com
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business
- STG Logistics handles first FEMA charter of medical supplies
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Coronavirus Positive Patients' can use Sargas' Remote Monitoring platform to free up hospital beds and Medical Staff
- Smartglasses Roadmap – the 20's: New report details $34B market. Smartglasses replace smart phones and smart watches by 2030
- IronMantle Books Imprint discounts Pebbles: Love Across the Morecambe Bay during COVID-19
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Signs Executive Order to Get Equipment to Healthcare Workers, Schools, Local Governments
- Charitable foundation to raise funds for family of slain Phoenix police commander
- Sweet James Offers Employees Emergency Relief and Help with Medical Bills
- Symplast Announced as Platinum Vendor of the American Med Spa Association; to Present Educational Webinar on Telehealth to all Society Members
- Maestro International Cargo handles sixteen COVID-19 charters in March including three pharma-only charters totaling 200 metric tons
- Ecree Launches Step-By-Step Writing Assistant Feature to their AI-Powered Student Writing Software
- Reduced prices for mental health support during the difficulty and unknowns of Coronavirus
- HoloBuilder Welcomes Takenaka Corporation to Their Innovators Club
- The Town Kitchen, PBC launches TTK Provisions to Serve Youth-Crafted, Locally Sourced Food and Essentials to Households in SF Bay Area
- After Losing Loved Ones, App Design Group Develops New Coronavirus App
- The World's First Inflatable Sleeping Bag
- Humanity First USA Medical Supplies Needed
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces First COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits will be Paid This Week
- Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER pays tribute to a SAM COOKE classic ..."Nothing Can Change This Love"... Just Released!
- Fundraiser aims to support family of North Carolina state highway patrol trooper killed in crash