"I implore you to use your influence to encourage the President to grant Individual Assistance to Carteret, Dare, Hyde, and New Hanover counties, as I requested on September 21," wrote Gov. Cooper. "Individual Assistance would provide federal dollars to individuals to cover Temporary Housing Assistance, lodging expenses reimbursement, home repair, home replacement, housing construction, and funds related to other disaster caused losses and damage."
President Trump granted Gov. Cooper's request for Public Assistance on October 4th, providing funding that will aid 14 counties on their recovery efforts. Gov. Cooper additionally asked for Individual Assistance to be provided to residents of Carteret, Dare, Hyde, and New Hanover counties. He has also asked FEMA to provide Public Assistance for 12 additional counties.
Read the full letter below, or CLICK HERE. To read Gov. Cooper's request to President Trump for Individual Assistance, CLICK HERE.
More on ncarol.com
- Peachtree Immediate Care Adjusting to Changing Patient Needs in Response to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Permian Museum Spring Fossil Egg Hunt Photos
- Elevated Resources Identified as Value Leader for Nimble and Turn-key Personas in Spend Matters' Temp Staffing Solution Map
- Thiel College Admissions Office announces virtual visits and waiving test scores for applicants
- Updates On Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Dear Senator Burr and Senator Tillis:
It has now been more than a month since Hurricane Dorian ravaged the North Carolina coast on September 5th and 6th, leaving homes destroyed and livelihoods lost from Cape Fear to Cape Hatteras. Ocracoke Island in Hyde County bore the brunt of Dorian's impact, and its residents continue to face difficult conditions as they await more help. My administration mobilized quickly in the days leading up to and following Hurricane Dorian's impact, and have been working hand in hand with the Hyde County government to provide relief and services. We will continue to do that until Ocracoke and the North Carolina coast are fully recovered.
Last Friday President Trump granted my request for a federal disaster declaration and Public Assistance across 14 North Carolina counties, including Hyde. I've since asked FEMA to expand Public Assistance to 12 additional counties in eastern North Carolina. We're grateful for that public assistance, and it will be vital in making sure that these county governments maintain their financial stability and capacity to continue serving their residents and responding to future disasters.
Now that we can be confident in assistance for local governments, we must ensure the health and safety of individual disaster survivors. I implore you to use your influence to encourage the President to grant Individual Assistance to Carteret, Dare, Hyde, and New Hanover counties, as I requested on September 21. Individual Assistance would provide federal dollars to individuals to cover Temporary Housing Assistance, lodging expenses reimbursement, home repair, home replacement, housing construction, and funds related to other disaster caused losses and damage.
More on ncarol.com
- Small Business Webinar: Build a "Recession Proof" Sales Process and Playbook
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Provides Emergency Flexibility to Expand Hospital Beds, Equipment and Personnel during the Pandemic
- Helix Urgent Care providing back-to-work physicals for essential employees during COVID-19 crisis
- Custom Wall Décor Company Using Core Strengths to Help Prevent COVID-19 Spread
- Join Us Online for Wilbur's Birthday Celebration!
The storms North Carolina has weathered the last several years have been unprecedented. Last month, we observed the first anniversary of Hurricane Florence's impact, and this week we mark three years since Hurricane Matthew wreaked havoc on our state for days on end. It is our responsibility to make these funds available to survivors, and to ensure the public's understanding of the disaster recovery system that they unfortunately find themselves using time and time again.
With kind regards, I am
Very truly yours,
Latest on ncarol.com
- Higher Digital Appoints New Advisory Board Members as Colleges and Universities Seek Guidance to Adapt to Online Teaching and Learning
- Chicago Tech Startup Launches New "House Painting In Place" Technology In Wake Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Abintegro redefines how employers recruit early talent
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- North Carolina COVID-19 Modeling Shows Social Distancing Necessary to Slow the Spread and Preserve Hospital Capacity to Save Lives
- eBoxchain = Fast + Flexible + Affordable same day delivery. Small business focused!
- Touchstone Essentials Announces Free Enrollment for Home-Based Business
- Ryleigh's Voice Makes a Difference During COVID-19
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
- Alpha Energy Management Wins SunPower 2019 Commercial National Rising Star Award
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation
- Screening Eagle raises CHF 55 million to protect the built world
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
- NCNA to NCGA: Time Is Running Out to Protect NC's Nurses From COVID-19