"I implore you to use your influence to encourage the President to grant Individual Assistance to Carteret, Dare, Hyde, and New Hanover counties, as I requested on September 21," wrote Gov. Cooper. "Individual Assistance would provide federal dollars to individuals to cover Temporary Housing Assistance, lodging expenses reimbursement, home repair, home replacement, housing construction, and funds related to other disaster caused losses and damage."
President Trump granted Gov. Cooper's request for Public Assistance on October 4th, providing funding that will aid 14 counties on their recovery efforts. Gov. Cooper additionally asked for Individual Assistance to be provided to residents of Carteret, Dare, Hyde, and New Hanover counties. He has also asked FEMA to provide Public Assistance for 12 additional counties.
Read the full letter below, or CLICK HERE. To read Gov. Cooper's request to President Trump for Individual Assistance, CLICK HERE.
More on ncarol.com
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
- October 15 Tariff Increases, Cancelled
- Our Kismet Kitchen: True Kitchen Must-Haves for a Delicious Meal
- The Sports Circus Strikes Gold With Exclusive Partnership for National Hotel TV Coverage
Dear Senator Burr and Senator Tillis:
It has now been more than a month since Hurricane Dorian ravaged the North Carolina coast on September 5th and 6th, leaving homes destroyed and livelihoods lost from Cape Fear to Cape Hatteras. Ocracoke Island in Hyde County bore the brunt of Dorian's impact, and its residents continue to face difficult conditions as they await more help. My administration mobilized quickly in the days leading up to and following Hurricane Dorian's impact, and have been working hand in hand with the Hyde County government to provide relief and services. We will continue to do that until Ocracoke and the North Carolina coast are fully recovered.
Last Friday President Trump granted my request for a federal disaster declaration and Public Assistance across 14 North Carolina counties, including Hyde. I've since asked FEMA to expand Public Assistance to 12 additional counties in eastern North Carolina. We're grateful for that public assistance, and it will be vital in making sure that these county governments maintain their financial stability and capacity to continue serving their residents and responding to future disasters.
Now that we can be confident in assistance for local governments, we must ensure the health and safety of individual disaster survivors. I implore you to use your influence to encourage the President to grant Individual Assistance to Carteret, Dare, Hyde, and New Hanover counties, as I requested on September 21. Individual Assistance would provide federal dollars to individuals to cover Temporary Housing Assistance, lodging expenses reimbursement, home repair, home replacement, housing construction, and funds related to other disaster caused losses and damage.
More on ncarol.com
- North Carolina: Another Legislative Vacation
- Higher Digital and Distance Education Accrediting Commission Partner to Help Colleges and Universities Assess and Improve Distance Learning Programs
- Pet Professional Guild British Isles to Offer Credentialing as Free Membership Benefit in Quest for Higher Levels of Professionalism
- "China Girl" Spins Tale of Far-Right Trumplandian Dystopia
- IOTech Announces Agreement with Global Industrial Gateway Manufacturer to Market its Edge Xpert IoT Edge Platform
The storms North Carolina has weathered the last several years have been unprecedented. Last month, we observed the first anniversary of Hurricane Florence's impact, and this week we mark three years since Hurricane Matthew wreaked havoc on our state for days on end. It is our responsibility to make these funds available to survivors, and to ensure the public's understanding of the disaster recovery system that they unfortunately find themselves using time and time again.
With kind regards, I am
Very truly yours,
Latest on ncarol.com
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Alternate Energy Division Globally
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Meets with Teachers Left Behind by Republican Budget Inaction
- Hillsborough Gallery of Arts Previews Orange County Artists Guild Studio Tour
- Ponos Industries LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Ardor Learning Launches myEnglish Mobile App
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens its 30th Center in Griffin, GA
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper requests Small Business Administration disaster declaration
- Shuj Roswell Lands Another Full Length Album, 'Setting Fire To The Stars'
- Badass Tribe of Powerful Women Names Local Professional Organizer as New Chapter Director
- National Survey Debunks Celebrity Endorsements with Nearly 60% of Adults Claiming Medical Professionals are their Go-To Source for Weight Loss Info
- FantasyEsports.gg and Razer Announce Global Partnership to Deliver Innovative and Rewarding Fantasy Esports Platform
- Triangle Real Estate Group Welcomes NC Real Estate Brokers, Kristin Nastasi & Sarabeth Hogshire
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Phillips Industries on Master of Quality Award
- LA Femme International Film Festival Presents Special Screening of SONY Pictures Classics "FRANKIE" Followed by Q&A with Brett King
- US Army Veteran Places His Boots on The Ground – Acumentrics Places Power in His Backpack!
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Joins Educators to Discuss Need For a Significant Teacher Pay Raise
- Jan-Carol Publishing Releases Winter Anthology
- Everything Horses Boutique Comes to Waxhaw's Autumn Treasures Festival
- Sailboat Struck by Lightning in the Virgin Islands
- Cloud Management Suite Beats Industry Average with Outstanding Customer Support Satisfaction Results