"Ed has an impressive legal background and is a leader in his community," said Gov. Cooper. "I look forward to seeing him serve his district in this new role."
Joseph Edgar Brown III, of Wilson, North Carolina, will fill the seat in District 7 left vacant by the passing of the Honorable John Jay Covolo. District 7 serves Nash, Edgecombe and Wilson counties. Brown is currently a partner at Sallenger & Brown, LLP and has over 28 years of private practice. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his Juris Doctor from North Carolina Central University School of Law.
More on ncarol.com
- Industrial circular screen for processing ash
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Asheville Tea Company Releases 2019 Fall Seasonals
"Christopher's extensive legal experience makes him a great asset to our court system, and I'm grateful for his continued service to North Carolina," said Gov. Cooper.
Christopher J. Welch, of Jacksonville, North Carolina, will fill the vacancy created by the retirement of the Honorable William "Mac" Cameron in Judicial District 4 which consists of Duplin, Jones, Onslow and Sampson counties. Welch is currently a partner at Welch and Avery and a Board Certified Specialist in State Criminal Law. He previously served as Assistant District Attorney in Onslow and Duplin counties. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Trinity College and his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- Geo Owl Makes the 2019 Inc. 5000 List
- Destiny Carries & LFG Wins Praise for Offering First-Class Destiny Carries and boosting for all Destiny Players
- Evolve IP® Named For Seventh Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
- 37 Days of GOP Stalling is Costing North Carolina
- Transcend Security Secures High Rank On Acclaimed Inc. 5000 List Of The Fastest Growing Private Companies In America for 2019
- Automation Intellect Raises Funding Round Led by StartFast
- California Advertising Company Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Conspire Web Services reduces cloud backup costs by up to 25x
- The Most Extensive Study Of Its Kind On Family Office Real Estate Investing Is Released
- North Carolina: 36 Days and Counting: "It is now time for the Republican leadership to come to the table with their counter-proposals"
- Wish You Could Give Back More? So Does Scottsdale Based Real Estate Management Company MC Residential LLC
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Announces 600 New Jobs as Xerox Selects Wake County for a New Center of Excellence
- Software Testing Innovator Elevon Announces Launch of the Spotter Platform