"Ed has an impressive legal background and is a leader in his community," said Gov. Cooper. "I look forward to seeing him serve his district in this new role."
Joseph Edgar Brown III, of Wilson, North Carolina, will fill the seat in District 7 left vacant by the passing of the Honorable John Jay Covolo. District 7 serves Nash, Edgecombe and Wilson counties. Brown is currently a partner at Sallenger & Brown, LLP and has over 28 years of private practice. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his Juris Doctor from North Carolina Central University School of Law.
More on ncarol.com
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Little Drummer Boy – New Single Release
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
"Christopher's extensive legal experience makes him a great asset to our court system, and I'm grateful for his continued service to North Carolina," said Gov. Cooper.
Christopher J. Welch, of Jacksonville, North Carolina, will fill the vacancy created by the retirement of the Honorable William "Mac" Cameron in Judicial District 4 which consists of Duplin, Jones, Onslow and Sampson counties. Welch is currently a partner at Welch and Avery and a Board Certified Specialist in State Criminal Law. He previously served as Assistant District Attorney in Onslow and Duplin counties. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Trinity College and his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law.
Latest on ncarol.com
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- North Carolina: Last Week for Open Enrollment for Federal Health Care Marketplace
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- DonnaInk Publications features Black Friday to New Year's Light Sale
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Providing Hope for Children and Families Across North Carolina - Children's Home Society of NC's Annual Little Red Stocking Fund
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- North Carolina: Greek Battery Manufacturer to Invest $6.5 Million in Guilford County for their First North American Operation
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- North Carolina: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturer Merck Expands Again in Wilson County with $57 Million Investment
- Bunk 57 Ministries kicks off "Returning Home Backpack" Program
- Bringing Home More Than Just The Tree: Common Bugs Found In Live Christmas Trees
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector