- InVue Expands to Create a Connected System for In-Store Retail Operations
- medical leverage, a communications company positions itself for 2022 growth
- Duke Energy estimates 750,000 customers could lose power in Carolinas due to approaching winter storm; company ready to respond
An evolution of Share the Warmth and the Energy Neighbor Fund, the Share the Light Fund expands opportunities for giving to increase financial assistance for customers who need it most. And like Share the Warmth, any customer can help by contributing via the Share the Light Fund option on their monthly bill, with Duke Energy pledging to match up to $1 million in contributions in the Carolinas.
"Increasing fuel costs and colder temperatures mean higher energy bills. With many customers still recovering from the negative economic impacts of the pandemic, providing assistance to our vulnerable customers is more important than ever," said Barbara Higgins, senior vice president and chief customer officer. "The Share the Light Fund makes it easier for customers to give and get help."
Duke Energy works in partnership with agencies to distribute funds to qualifying customers to pay energy bills, deposits and reconnection/connection charges.
Duke Energy customers who would like to contribute to the Share the Light Fund can do so beginning this Giving Tuesday (Nov. 30, 2021). Customers can round up their bill to the next closest dollar, set up a recurring payment, make a one-time donation, include an additional amount in the designated area of their bill and add that amount to their payment or mail in a separate check made payable to the Share the Light Fund.
More on ncarol.com
- ATA Selects Old Dominion Freight Line Driver as America's Road Team Captain
- The Invisible War on the Homefront
- Raleigh Business Leader Joins 2022 National Small Business Association Board Leadership
- Edge2Learn Premieres Its Integrative Multifamily Policy and Procedure Product
- North Carolina: Governor Cooper Donates Blood Amid Nationwide Shortage, Encourages North Carolinians to Participate in a Blood Drive
Customers in need
Customers experiencing financial hardship may qualify for assistance with their energy bills. Customers can access financial assistance resources at duke-energy.com/sharethelight.
Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK), a Fortune 150 company headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., is one of America's largest energy holding companies. Its electric utilities serve 7.9 million customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky, and collectively own 51,000 megawatts of energy capacity. Its natural gas unit serves 1.6 million customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio and Kentucky. The company employs 27,500 people.
Duke Energy is executing an aggressive clean energy strategy to create a smarter energy future for its customers and communities – with goals of at least a 50 percent carbon reduction by 2030 and net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. The company is a top U.S. renewable energy provider, on track to own or purchase 16,000 megawatts of renewable energy capacity by 2025. The company also is investing in major electric grid upgrades and expanded battery storage, and exploring zero-emitting power generation technologies such as hydrogen and advanced nuclear.
More on ncarol.com
- Former BIS Special Agent Donald Pearce Joins Torres Trade Advisory
- CHARLES & COLVARD TO HOST ITS SECOND QUARTER FISCAL YEAR 2022 INVESTOR CONFERENCE CALL ON FEBRUARY 3, 2022 AT 4:30 PM ET
- TRU Staffing Partners Expands Leadership Team Amid Growing Demand for Privacy Talent
- USAM Group Keeps Up Growth Pace, Welcomes Bitvore
- Ramon Eduardo Gonzalez Law Firm Taps GrowPath for Case Management and More
Duke Energy was named to Fortune's 2021 "World's Most Admired Companies" list and Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list. More information is available at duke-energy.com. The Duke Energy News Center contains news releases, fact sheets, photos and videos. Duke Energy's illumination features stories about people, innovations, community topics and environmental issues. Follow Duke Energy on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
Media contact: Loree Elswick
Email: [email protected]
Media line: 800.559.3853
SOURCE Duke Energy
Filed Under: Business
Latest on ncarol.com
- FairySwap DEX Launches with Radical Community-Oriented Tokenomics
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Former M&A LPL Financial Exec Zachary Pavlosky, CFA® Joins Alaris Acquisitions
- "North Carolina School Choice Week" Proclaimed; Cooper Joins Nation's Leaders in Celebrating Education
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- LKNFEST to Raise Awareness of Vanishing White Matter Disease a Very Rare, Terminal Brain Disease
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- GENIXUS closes $20MM in financing to accelerate commercialization of injectables portfolio
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- Sonic Automotive Continues Expansion of its Franchised Dealership Network with the Acquisition of Sun Chevrolet
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- Duke Energy crews restore power to more than 250,000 customers after winter storm moves through Carolinas
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server
- Celgard and Farasis Settle, Celgard Adds Senior-China to the California Patent Case, and Celgard Moves the North Carolina Trade Secret Case Back to California USA - English France - Français Deutschland - Deutsch España - español Latin America - español B
- Toshiba Appoints Andrew McDaniel to Lead Its European Retail Business